Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Boss and JHS - Angry Driver

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6061
    My YouTube feed seems to have an almost endless supply of Angry Driver reviews. The Brett Kingman one probably the better of what I've had on. 
    Brett sounds a lot better when he turns the pedal off.

What a strange thing for Boss to do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited September 2017
    timbuk02 said:
    Pedal politics aside, the new format for a 2-in-1 pedal is quite neat I thought. Imagine would work really well in one of the three loops of the MS3 switcher. 
    2-in-1 pedals are very much not a new thing, and I've made them smaller than that   Though I wouldn't recommend it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    Gotta get away
    Angry Driver

Come on, you were all thinking it
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited September 2017
    timbuk02 said:
    Pedal politics aside, the new format for a 2-in-1 pedal is quite neat I thought. 

http://www.bossarea.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/BossArea-Boss-SD-2-DUAL-OverDrive.jpg

over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWynd said:
    My YouTube feed seems to have an almost endless supply of Angry Driver reviews. The Brett Kingman one probably the better of what I've had on. 
    Brett sounds a lot better when he turns the pedal off.

He's released two videos now, the second one focuses more on low gain sounds. Between the two you get the sense that it's quite a versatile overdrive.  Certainly sounds like an overdrive pedal but, yep, probably sounds best when it's off. 

Im not sure I've ever seen so many videos on release for a single pedal, I'm counting 12 so far. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Initially I wanted it. After the demos, not so much. 
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    Initially I didn't want it; after the videos I definitely don't want it.  sounds like sludge in stacked mode.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• danodano Frets: 1593
    One of the setting is B>J ! Well done Boss !
  • I don't really see the point. Putting 2 pedals into one box but then requiring an extra (pedalsized) footswitch (Which brings the total dedicated spend to well over £200) to get the most of it. 

Let's face it, without the extra footswitch you're not going to change the settings whilst in a gig situation. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you

• juansolo said:
    timbuk02 said:
    Pedal politics aside, the new format for a 2-in-1 pedal is quite neat I thought. Imagine would work really well in one of the three loops of the MS3 switcher. 
    2-in-1 pedals are very much not a new thing, and I've made them smaller than that   Though I wouldn't recommend it!
    I realise this, just hadn't seen the Boss pedal format before as I'm not into Boss. Really liked your Hydra build that came up in the classfieds btw.

Ro_S said:
    timbuk02 said:
    Pedal politics aside, the new format for a 2-in-1 pedal is quite neat I thought. 

http://www.bossarea.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/BossArea-Boss-SD-2-DUAL-OverDrive.jpg

Am glad to see Boss are capable of collaborating with themselves!

• Who's betting in 5 years someone (prob jhs) clones this and renames it 'The Road Rage'
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • I was sceptical at first, but has anyone played one yet?