drive pedals for an already overdriven marshall/blackstar amp

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72367
    ecc83 said:
    ICBM if time allows could you try driving the Blackstars from the FX return ? I would love to know if the 'stiffness/steeliness ' is in the pre amp or PI/OP stages.
    Will do. I don't have one here right now, but I'll try to remember next time I'm at the shop.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1634
    ICBM said:
    ecc83 said:
    ICBM if time allows could you try driving the Blackstars from the FX return ? I would love to know if the 'stiffness/steeliness ' is in the pre amp or PI/OP stages.
    Will do. I don't have one here right now, but I'll try to remember next time I'm at the shop.

Good-o. Alternatively of course you could use a Bstar as a pre amp to something fairly 'hi fi'.

Dave.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72367
    ecc83 said:

Good-o. Alternatively of course you could use a Bstar as a pre amp to something fairly 'hi fi'.
    Yes, I want to try it both ways round - Blackstar preamp into the power amp of something with a known 'soft' response, and vice versa. There's a modern Fender Twin in the shop for some work, that should be ideal.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein