Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New 20w Marshalls

What's Hot

Comments

• I'm sure someone on the Gearpage found the new models on Thomann, and they've been taken off since!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 254
    Don't know about the 20w valve amps but there are new MG's coming at some point. Not quite the same though :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I'm sure someone on the Gearpage found the new models on Thomann, and they've been taken off since!
    Do you have a link?
  • rico said:
    I'm sure someone on the Gearpage found the new models on Thomann, and they've been taken off since!
    Do you have a link?
    They were for the upcoming DSL range refresh, which seems to include a 2xEL34 20 watter with FX loop. The 40s and 100s seem to be getting twin master volumes. Obviously we have no idea if they've changed the voicing of these new amps from the current DSLs.

One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2900
    Twinfan said:
    There's not really a lot of point waiting for a mini 2203/JMP MV - the mini Jube gets pretty darn close to those tones if you EQ it correctly.  Similarly for the JTM if you dial back the gain and max the bass, although it won't get as bassy as the original.

Marshall will probably make them at some point though as the sales/marketing spin will get them sold  :)
    What are your JTM/JCM800 settings on the jubilee out of interest? I tend to just turn down the gain bass and mids from my usual lead channel sound if I want more of a 800 tone but interested to try some other settings!
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    I don't use it JTM/JCM like, more JMP MV: Pres 5 - Bass 10 - Mid 6 - Treble 5 - Gain 6 (with rhythm clip).  Master and lead master to taste for venue, but usually master on 5ish lead master on 8ish.
  • Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 104
    edited September 2017
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    I hope these a bit better than that POS called a Silver Jubilee 2525c.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • literally have no idea why Marshall haven't done the lower wattage, small box jcm 800 thing. SImple one channel amp, no stupid multi channel bollocks to go wrong, would sell like hot cakes, or whatever-that-pedal-show-have-just-reviewed, and reinstate Marshall as a consumer oriented brand. Why , in god's name, why, WHY, WHYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @mattdavis

Because inherently, Marshall cloak the fact their products are tonal dogwank by loads of cascading gain and volume stages which mask any quality of low volume signal.

The notion of a single channel clean amp is anathema to them, 1974x aside.

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    There are some angry fuckers on this forum
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    @mattdavis

Because inherently, Marshall cloak the fact their products are tonal dogwank by loads of cascading gain and volume stages which mask any quality of low volume signal.

The notion of a single channel clean amp is anathema to them, 1974x aside.
    That's because clean amps are whack AF. 

Nobody is changing and evolving music with a clean tone. We've heard everything a clean amp can do for the past 70 years
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    Indeed.

As for the 2061X handwired amp, myself and @Powerslave compared his to my 2525H mini Jubilee.  Once up and cooking there was hardly any difference in tone.  The 2061X is a one-trick pony, with a great trick, but the Jube is so much more given the versatility of the EQ controls.

And as for reliability, my 2525H has had a LOT of home/rehearsal/gigging use over the last 12 months and it's been rock solid.
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Twinfan said:
    Indeed.

As for the 2061X handwired amp, myself and @Powerslave compared his to my 2525H mini Jubilee.  Once up and cooking there was hardly any difference in tone.  The 2061X is a one-trick pony, with a great trick, but the Jube is so much more given the versatility of the EQ controls.

And as for reliability, my 2525H has had a LOT of home/rehearsal/gigging use over the last 12 months and it's been rock solid.
    Same here, loads of gigs and rehearsal, normally running the volume at 3/4 as well.
    photek said:

Same here, loads of gigs and rehearsal, normally running the volume at 3/4 as well.
    Good aren't they?  :D

I have mine around half way in full power mode.  I never use the 5w setting, even at home.
  • MartinBMartinB Frets: 203
    Duppy03 said:
    Those are a different sort of design from the JTM/JMP/JCM800 lineage, with very simple low-gain preamps and all of the dirt coming from the power amp when cranked.  The concept of putting a classic preamp from a larger Marshall (Plexi or JCM800 style) in front of a smaller power amp (a pair of 6v6, EL84 or cathode-biased EL34) for less power has been popular in the DIY amp world and with a few boutique builders for a while now, so I'm surprised Marshall haven't responded to that yet. 
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2928
    Dear Marshall,

You know those amps you made 30-40 years ago? The ones all the great guitarists used to use, and that sell on eBay for good money?

Just make some of those again, mid-priced. Nobody wants a DSL/tolexed fire hazard.

Cheers,
    Bidley
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    Just plugged in my 2525c in on account of this thread, eagerly expecting to find something that I'd missed.

Nope. I didn't.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rico said:
    There are some angry fuckers on this forum
    It was meant to be mildly amusing. Evidently it wasn't. I'll wink next time. 
  • Gassage said:
    Just plugged in my 2525c in on account of this thread, eagerly expecting to find something that I'd missed.

Nope. I didn't.
    I loved the rhythm clip but the OD channel was shit and I mean really shit. I couldn't actually believe how underwhelmed I was it really was that shit