WTB - A pedal that makes my electric sound like a sitar!

What's Hot

Comments

• lentolento Frets: 116
    Was that Buzz Feiten by any chance ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11600
    tFB Trader
    Beatles - Norwegian Wood

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 848
    Sorry I'm mistaken it wasn't the same guitarist but it was the same studio/ label so could be the same instrument.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nope! There needs to be a prize for the winning guess after this epic thread!

On topic - Burford have confirmed they're still making pedals!
  • its band of gold
  • wayneirie said:
    its band of gold
    Winner winner chicken dinner!
  • VeganicVeganic Frets: 673
    wayneirie said:
    its band of gold

I knew that I just didn't want to give it away.  Now I discover the spoiler tag :(

• Veganic said:
    wayneirie said:
    its band of gold

I knew that I just didn't want to give it away.  Now I discover the spoiler tag :(

Mind. Blown.

How did you do that witchcraft?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You have to click on the icon that looks like backwards P I and choose spoiler. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I'm bumping this. Didn't get the Burford on ebay. I'm skeptical as I haven't heard one!
    As has been said, Ravish is the one.
  • Yeah, seen one at 150 notes which is a bargain for one of them... But pricey nonetheless!
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    I'm bumping this. Didn't get the Burford on ebay. I'm skeptical as I haven't heard one!
    I emailed them, asking for some demo clips.  They said they'd send me something, but I've not seen anything yet...
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    lento said:
    I tried one in a shop for an hour or so, but couldn't get anything anywhere near as authentic sounding as my Variax.  I found it always had this artificial-sounding pitch shift sound, a bit like a steel drum.  It's something I hear in most of the wackier EHX pedals  :(

Trading feedback here
  • Trude said:
    lento said:
    I tried one in a shop for an hour or so, but couldn't get anything anywhere near as authentic sounding as my Variax.  I found it always had this artificial-sounding pitch shift sound, a bit like a steel drum.  It's something I hear in most of the wackier EHX pedals  :(
    Hmmmm - that is interesting... 

It might be the best of all my options at the moment. Managed to convince Ravish guy to do 140 posted. 
    edited September 2017
    Trude said:
    lento said:
    I tried one in a shop for an hour or so, but couldn't get anything anywhere near as authentic sounding as my Variax.  I found it always had this artificial-sounding pitch shift sound, a bit like a steel drum.  It's something I hear in most of the wackier EHX pedals 
    Agreed this sound is the definitive but not on the basis of the sample set I heard when I tried a a jtv59 goldtop variax I was thinking of buying.
    To my ears the quality varied dramatically from string to string and made me think the particular guitar that had been chosen was not the best - either that or the sample editing should have been better ... imho.
    @Panama_Jack666 - let me know how you get on with it.  I pretty much use my Variax sitar sound just for two songs in a Stones tribute act (Paint it Black and Street Fighting Man).  It sounds absolutely bang on the money for those songs.

If I could get a passable sound out of a pedal, it'd give me more freedom in terms of which guitar to use.  My Variax is a Tele transplant so it looks the part, but I'm always worried that it might let me down one day.

Trading feedback here
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11600
    tFB Trader
    wayneirie said:
    its band of gold
    as in Freda Payne - band of Gold
    Don't recall any sitar on that

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• wayneirie said:
    its band of gold
    as in Freda Payne - band of Gold
    Don't recall any sitar on that
    It's 90%* sitar! 

*Maybe not 90% but the main riff is sitar and some bits behind the verses are.
  • Trude said:
    @Panama_Jack666 - let me know how you get on with it.  I pretty much use my Variax sitar sound just for two songs in a Stones tribute act (Paint it Black and Street Fighting Man).  It sounds absolutely bang on the money for those songs.

If I could get a passable sound out of a pedal, it'd give me more freedom in terms of which guitar to use.  My Variax is a Tele transplant so it looks the part, but I'm always worried that it might let me down one day.
    Yeah, I will do mate!