Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I've finally got a "music room"

What's Hot

Comments

• :lol: :lol:  that's good!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6399
    edited September 2017
    pics or it hasn't happened TTony !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm currently in negotiations / preliminary talks about opening up the cellar space with Mrs Returns. It's thus far slightly less cordial than the ongoing spat between Mssrs Davies and Jünker...

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4931
    Jalapeno said:

@Jalapeno - does that mean you can't see it either?  There are now lots of mystery threads where it's obvious that a pic has been posted, but I can't see it - not even the "little blue box" that I used to get!

Even if I try to quote the post, there is nothing - not a pic, not a link - nothing!  It's driving me daft...

• My advice is don't overly fill it. Get a computer, interface and monitor speakers on a desk. Put the guitars on the wall. If you play keys get a controller keyboard. Get a daw like reaper. 1 maybe 2 amps.

Keep clutter out. Write, record and play music. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Nitefly said:
    Jalapeno said:

@Jalapeno - does that mean you can't see it either?  There are now lots of mystery threads where it's obvious that a pic has been posted, but I can't see it - not even the "little blue box" that I used to get!

Even if I try to quote the post, there is nothing - not a pic, not a link - nothing!  It's driving me daft...

Yep - can't see a thing ...... (and I can edit it - there's nothing there)

Feedback
  • improve the acoustics by getting rid of all the redundant furnishings :) ...
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27717
    Jalapeno said:

OK, OK, OK

It's work in progress.

The important bit to me is that I can set stuff up in there, and just leave it when I get bored or run out of time.  Don't have to clear it all away (etc).

Old iPad, which is just dedicated to music apps, with an old MacBook Air (ditto).
    Apogee Jam interface, with connectors for the iPad and USB.
    THR10, with the editor running on the laptop so I can create some decent sounding amps.
    CD player & amp (under the desk).
    Old Teac speakers - which aren't studio monitor quality, but they're really quite surprising for the size.
    Sonos system (@Rocker 's) suggestion yesterday for access to everything on my NAS and beyond.
    Old synth there at the moment, at least until I rescue my midi keyboard - although I might end up with both.
    A few guitars

And a load of boxes of old curtains / cushions & etc which stay there until I get the loft boarded and sorted for storage.

I'm thinking of making it a theFretBoard-free area too.

It's a start ....
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6933

Good start - Needs more guitar wall hangers - that's the best art for a music room!

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    mrkb said:

Good start - Needs more guitar wall hangers - that's the best art for a music room!

He's right you know ....

Lovely ! Also de-case a few more on a rack for a reasonable selection based on your mood.

Feedback
    Jalapeno said:

Lovely ! Also de-case a few more on a rack for a reasonable selection based on your mood.
    As it happens, I do have a rack ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited September 2017
    Having a room for guitars is great. I love my little basement room, it's dark down there, and it's small but like you said I have everything set up, guitars all to hand, so plug in, flick a switch and you're good to go 

Best thing I done was put a guitar rack in there, so now just grab whatever guitar I fancy without having to open cases etc I find I play the guitar that suits my mood that way rather than just whatever was easiest to get to.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4931
    Hurrah!  Now I can see it!

I'd be wanting a more comfy chair, I think, though there are those who think there is enough padding on my flabby arse...

• TTony said:
    Jalapeno said:

OK, OK, OK

It's work in progress.

The important bit to me is that I can set stuff up in there, and just leave it when I get bored or run out of time.  Don't have to clear it all away (etc).

Old iPad, which is just dedicated to music apps, with an old MacBook Air (ditto).
    Apogee Jam interface, with connectors for the iPad and USB.
    THR10, with the editor running on the laptop so I can create some decent sounding amps.
    CD player & amp (under the desk).
    Old Teac speakers - which aren't studio monitor quality, but they're really quite surprising for the size.
    Sonos system (@Rocker 's) suggestion yesterday for access to everything on my NAS and beyond.
    Old synth there at the moment, at least until I rescue my midi keyboard - although I might end up with both.
    A few guitars

And a load of boxes of old curtains / cushions & etc which stay there until I get the loft boarded and sorted for storage.

I'm thinking of making it a theFretBoard-free area too.

It's a start ....
    Aww I was chuffed to gain a dedicated music room last week but seeing this I am less chuffed.

Aww I was chuffed to gain a dedicated music room last week but seeing this I am less chuffed.

It's a carefully angled shot @strumjoughlamps so that you don't see all the stacks and boxes of soft furnishings with which I have to share my "music" room
    ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8783
    edited September 2017
    All I can see is a list of opportunities. Guitar stand and hangers to make, and shelving to build, in the new workshop. As for those soft furnishings, "they'll be marvellous for sound treating the music room walls dear" should see them disappear to other uses quite quickly.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    @ttony - ace!

Years ago, I posted a pic of a new guitar in my box room. Someone said why am I playing guitar in the middle of a Tracey Emin artwork??!!

Most offended I was.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • there is my WIP, its larger than the pic suggests but not huge, I should be chuffed really its been 16 years since I had the option of my own room

there is my WIP, its larger than the pic suggests but not huge, 

You know, if you got rid of all those old LPs and the turntable and stuff, you'd have a lot more space in there
    :D

Looks like you've got solid brick walls there too - my room is in the new part of the house, so the sound insulation is "minimal"!
    A bit more W, and a bit more P

@Jalapeno's suggestion to put the guitar rack in there ...

And still space for a couple more.

MR1.png 1.7M
    MR2.png 1.8M
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom