Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Best Tele options

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2401
    ^ Like I said, don't do a Partsacaster cos you will spend too much time online arguing their greatness  :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5282
    edited September 2017
    Strat54 said:
    ^ Like I said, don't do a Partsacaster cos you will spend too much time online arguing their greatness 
    exactly  this and in all likelihood it wont be that great anyway
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Presented with well thought out arguments and all some nob can do is lol. Pathetic.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    pia98jf said:
    Presented with well thought out arguments and all some nob can do is lol. Pathetic.
    you are taking it all very seriously i see :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mgaw said:
    pia98jf said:
    Presented with well thought out arguments and all some nob can do is lol. Pathetic.
    Someone has to when there's so many children around...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thru-body stringing, brass saddles, maple fingerboard,.Modern C profile neck. That's what works best for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    pia98jf said:
    mgaw said:
    pia98jf said:
    jeez well at least you are not coming over like a bit of an arse
  • xpia98jfxpia98jf Frets: 309
    mgaw said:
    pia98jf said:
    mgaw said:
    pia98jf said:
    Well it takes one to know one. I tried using reasonable arguments. I gave reasons why partcasters shouldn't be immediately dismissed but you weren't interested in discussing it. I actually have a lot of experience and knowledge that I'd be happy to share but because of know it all dicks like you I won't bother. "I've had partcasters before and they weren't very good, therefore all partcasters are bad". Try and work out what's wrong with your logic there if you're so f'ing clever. Adiós.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • telecasters are great!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    pia98jf said:
    mgaw said:
    pia98jf said:
    mgaw said:
    pia98jf said:
    Well it takes one to know one. I tried using reasonable arguments. I gave reasons why partcasters shouldn't be immediately dismissed but you weren't interested in discussing it. I actually have a lot of experience and knowledge that I'd be happy to share but because of know it all dicks like you I won't bother. "I've had partcasters before and they weren't very good, therefore all partcasters are bad". Try and work out what's wrong with your logic there if you're so f'ing clever. Adiós.
    see you have gone and taken it very very seriously again @pia98jf its only a conversation about a guitar on the internet
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • A_T_WA_T_W Frets: 66
    I know Teles are a subject worth being passionate over, but jeez guys ...
    A_T_W said:
    I know Teles are a subject worth being passionate over, but jeez guys ...
    i know this place seems to have gone feral all of a sudden
  • A_T_W said:
    Starting saving up with the aim to getting a really good Tele as soon as I can (trying not to get distracted by other shiny things in the meantime ...) and just need some advice as to what models people think would be the best value, or which are the most consistently good. Looking for something pretty traditional, though a more modern neck and interesting colours would be ideal.

I've owned both a Baja and a Lite Ash and while very good, neither grabbed me as a must have or The One. I'm currently considering a Custom Shop, an AVRI 52 or a well-specced Partscaster put together with things like GuitarBuild/MJT, Mojo etc. I also tried and enjoyed LSL Teles in the past if anyone has much opinion on them.

Are there any other stand out models I'm missing or good value custom builders who are really worth the investment? And for people who've tried the options I've covered so far, any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated
    John Cruz Tele from the fender custom shop, nothing finer out there. 
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    For under a grand you can replicate a CS finished body and neck. 

I agree that there appears to be a degree of snobbery around partcasters but there shouldn't be. Leo invented the bloody thing after all. 

Just for example - I do a tele body finished in nitro complete with a neck for around £500. Both finished in nitro, in your choice of colour and style of finish. That guitar, when finished will look and feel like a £2500 + CS at a third of the cost. There's no glory in telling everyone you paid well over a grand for an interchangeable parts guitar. I look at Strats and Teles from some of the big names out there and think "really?".

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    A_T_W said:
    Starting saving up with the aim to getting a really good Tele as soon as I can (trying not to get distracted by other shiny things in the meantime ...) and just need some advice as to what models people think would be the best value, or which are the most consistently good. Looking for something pretty traditional, though a more modern neck and interesting colours would be ideal.

I've owned both a Baja and a Lite Ash and while very good, neither grabbed me as a must have or The One. I'm currently considering a Custom Shop, an AVRI 52 or a well-specced Partscaster put together with things like GuitarBuild/MJT, Mojo etc. I also tried and enjoyed LSL Teles in the past if anyone has much opinion on them.

Are there any other stand out models I'm missing or good value custom builders who are really worth the investment? And for people who've tried the options I've covered so far, any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated
    That would be a Masterbuild wouldn't it mate?
  • BarriveeBarrivee Frets: 100
    http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/114104/ft-knaggs-larrivee-ebmm-g-l-usa#latest Check out my Larrivee, neck/body based on vintage Fender but with compound radius, belly cut etc etc. See my ad
  • This is worth a look
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Levinson-Blade-Delta-T2-Telecaster-SUPERB-MISTY-VIOLET-/162694693049?hash=item25e15c00b9:g:rKcAAOSwwptZ0mNL
    I have the same model and same colour.  Heavy as teles go but fantastic build and verty very versatile with Blades active VSC
  • lonestar said:
    A_T_W said:

That would be a Masterbuild wouldn't it mate?
    Do yt search for John cruz teles, he is the man.