Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Not what I had planned

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27621
    impmann said:
    The NHS is brilliant.

I got read the riot act for not calling 999 when it first came on. 
    Really?

I thought you were supposed to start a new thread here before calling 999 - you know, "got these chest pains, what should I do ?" or "unable to breath, is this normal?" and ask for the wisdom of the forum rather than calling medical professionals.

Forum's going to be a lot quieter if people just go straight to the experts ...
    ;)

If you don't pull through, I've got a home for the Gigrig.....
    And that goldtop is mine.
    :D

Get well soon!!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Get well soon mate ... pneumonia is nasty.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh dear, get well soon! 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Jeez, that's some scary shit! Take care, man!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• TTony said:
    impmann said:
    The NHS is brilliant.

I got read the riot act for not calling 999 when it first came on. 
    Really?

I thought you were supposed to start a new thread here before calling 999 - you know, "got these chest pains, what should I do ?" or "unable to breath, is this normal?" and ask for the wisdom of the forum rather than calling medical professionals.

Forum's going to be a lot quieter if people just go straight to the experts ...
    ;)

If you don't pull through, I've got a home for the Gigrig.....
    And that goldtop is mine.
    :D

Get well soon!!
    See this is the issue, a lot of people access the forum on mobiles and it blocks internet access to make a call....
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • Wheezy, spluttery, trouble moving, weak joints? Yes, sir, sounds like a case of 1960s British saloon car. :)

Get well soon!
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668

And thanks to the brilliance of modern medicine and the incredible staff of the NHS, I am home.

Now for A LOT of rest, a large dollop of antibiotics and handfuls of steroids.

Thanks for your kind thoughts and wishes - I'm not fixed yet but I'm a lot better.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24359
    Be careful and take care of yourself.  Pneumonia is serious.  Once you've had it, it knocks seven bells of shit out of you.  You won't be the same again and must always be alert to any chest infections etc.  Also, your legs are likely to fall off.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Sounds very scary.      Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery!
  • Emp_Fab said:
      Also, your legs are likely to fall off.
    That happened to me 3 times this year alone
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flipping heck buddy, sending you best wishes and do make sure you rest up, don't go rushing back to work too early! Also enjoy the opportunity (as you start to feel a bit better) of having some quality guitar time. :)
  • You best get better quick or the next FB Jam will be much the poorer...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    You best get better quick or the next FB Jam will be much the poorer...
    That's a very kind thing to say. Thanks chap.

Dont worry, I'm doing nothing for as long as it takes so I'm back on my feet.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    edited September 2017
    I contracted pneumonia in 1977 when I was 17. I imagine the drugs around at the time weren't as efficient as they are today, because I spent six weeks in bed, and another six recovering from it. I remember being so weak I couldn't stand, and having to crawl on my hands and knees to get to the the toilet for a piss, which I had to do sitting down. Three months off at the time also did some real damage to my college work, and went a long way to me failing exams as I had no idea what was going on. 

My legs didn't fall off, but they might as well have done, for all the use they were.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24359
    That wasn't pneumonia then.  It's a medically proven fact that real pneumonia makes your legs fall off.  I was told this directly by a Dr Axeminster.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • Emp_Fab said:
    That wasn't pneumonia then.  It's a medically proven fact that real pneumonia makes your legs fall off.  I was told this directly by a Dr Axeminster.
    Can't be right. Unless he's talking about your legs disappearing by them protruding through the earth's flat surface.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TBH, I don't know if it was full blown pneumonia - I had that in 2004 and spent weeks in bed. The hospital described it as pneumonia - and as "an infection" - either way with Sats of 87%, and an irregular upped heartbeat it wasn't pleasant.

My drs on the other hand are a shower of shite. Even though I've just been discharged from hospital, following a major respiratory incident, the earliest I can get an appointment to see a doctor (not a nurse practitioner) is middle of next week. REALLY?

Why do I need to see a dr, I get asked. I explain that I was the chap rushed on blues and twos from their surgery on Monday due to having to wait too long, and that by middle of next week not only do I need a doctors note for work (which a NP can't sign), but I need advice and support for what need to do to ensure my health (which your NP seemed a little unsure of when I came in on Monday). 

The reply? Phone on Friday for an emergency appointment.

I think I'm changing doctors. These guys are woeful.