Another NGD, 78 year old Gibson

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    It was a pleasure to see a young man reunited with his true love!

Glad you're back together, Matt, and I'm very pleased with the Martin.  =)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nitefly said:
    It was a pleasure to see a young man reunited with his true love!

Glad you're back together, Matt, and I'm very pleased with the Martin.  =)

As always Alan is a true gentleman to deal with, im really glad you like the Martin, it's a stellar guitar which has found a stellar home! 
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    edited September 2017
    nice!

I got a 1953 ES125 eairler in the year as an eairly 40th present. The first guitar I pick up now. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow, lovely looking instrument. 

Please tell me it smells as good as it looks. Truffles, vintage single malt and the sweet perfume of a sensual beautiful woman all rolled into one.

Or maybe old Woodbine's and stout you could grout your bathroom with.
  • @markblack wow that would compliment mine perfectly, :D I bet that p90 sounds devine!

@Flanging_Fred it smells like a fine pipe tobacco with a hint of quality speyside whiskey, giving it a lil lick and you can taste a cobbled street and a well stoaked coal fire....only jokin it smells like feet and piss. 
  • @Strangefan yea it's pretty nice... haven't got it to sound as good as the Fender '63 Vibroverb reissue I played it through when I tried it out :) but there was no way I was getting both. Just love the feel of playing it. I was an acoustic guy for years. This is the best of both worlds.
  • @markblack totally agree these days with electrics I struggle to play at home as for me it needs a band to accompany and as I play bass in a band theirs no room for the old electric. Where as acoustics are perfect on their own (imo) and the L 50 has an old framus elktra pickup so that does just fine, I would love to compare it to yours that would be groovy. 
  • A belter mate - Congrats !