Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Idiot

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72485
    holnrew said:
    It's pretty funny when his most famous song is about shooting stars
    I actually wondered whether it's some kind of subtle re-marketing exercise given that his career seems to have dropped off the radar otherwise...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:
    Apparently, it's not possible at sea level for normal people to see, but I can. (Fx: noise from $6M Man).  However, in my brief investigations, I discovered that the world is in fact flat, as SirAxeminster claims and here is a photograph that proves quite categorically that the Hunagyan Spirit is, in fact, sinking.

I can also confirm that every one of the Thanet Wind Farm turbines, and the tower blocks in Southend, are also sinking. Presumably they will gradually sink through the bottom of the flat earth before disappearing into space somewhere.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • http://www.disclose.tv/news/people_want_a_reality_show_where_flat_earthers_look_for_the_edge_of_earth/140345
    Please, can someone phone Channel 4? How much better than "E list Celebrities eat kangaroo gonads" would this be?
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxeman said:
    You can't find any curvature when even in 3 miles it should be quite detectable. Every time you see something at long range that should be impossible to see you go " it's refraction" you can't be convinced when your mind  is already closed. Just keep watching NASA CGI and fish eye lens footage....

If the Earth was flat wouldn't it still look curved from a height? Assuming it's a disk, that is. If it's a polygon wouldn't we see the corners?
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited September 2017
    Please I am begging you!  don't start this again we already have a million page thread! D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6088
    Never heard of him.
    You might be on to something here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9697
    If B.o.B. does want to live life on the edge, then perhaps we need to give him some latitude...
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Being (almost) serious for a moment...

If you are standing on a sphere, then the horizon should always be the same distance from you regardless of the direction you are facing. Why should you expect to see a curve?

But if you were standing on a disc, unless you were positioned dead-centre, the distance to the edge/horizon would change depending on the direction you were facing. Then you would definitely see a curve.

Have I got that right?
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Please I am begging you!  don't start this again we already have a million page thread! D
    Sorry I didn't know about the other one and this just came up in the news  :s
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    PR stunt to revive a flagging career. Bit like going in for Big Brother or I'm a Non-Entity Get Me Out of Here.
  • there are things on marine charts called dipping distances that wouldn't work if the Earth was flat....

'At this point, it is very simple to calculate the distance from the light, using a table in the almanac. As the curve of the Earth is reasonably constant, nautical almanacs contain a Rising and Dipping light table which easily gives the distance off from a major light.'

http://www.skysailtraining.co.uk/dipping_distance.htm
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    edited September 2017
    Emp_Fab said:
    Apparently, it's not possible at sea level for normal people to see, but I can. (Fx: noise from $6M Man).  However, in my brief investigations, I discovered that the world is in fact flat, as SirAxeminster claims and here is a photograph that proves quite categorically that the Hunagyan Spirit is, in fact, sinking.

Do you really think that is evidence for the earths alleged curvature ?? (Of course you do or you wouldn't have shown your ignorance in using that pic). lol Would you be impressed if I shown you film footage of boats that have even disappeared from sight entirely being dragged back into full view just by the use of a zoom lens?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7779
    edited September 2017
    Not this again.

TGP has Jesus
    TFB has flat earth

Flat Earth doesn't accord with the rest of the solar system.
    Are you saying God made a mistake?
  • WTF is it about flat earth, Brexit, Trump and the likes that winds guitarists up so much??
    edited September 2017
    WTF is it about flat earth, Brexit, Trump and the likes that winds guitarists up so much??
    You, @Bridgehouse , forgot about planes on conveyor belts...
    I guess we're just a very sensitive bunch.
    I don't think it's just guitarists! 
    It's just wilful ignorance or trolling I guess. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22995
    WTF is it about flat earth, Brexit, Trump and the likes that winds guitarists up so much??

I guess we're just more highly strung than the rhythm section.

(Hark at me saying "we" like I'm some kind of proper guitar player.... )

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom