Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Idiot

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 4238

in short, I think conspiracy theorists need medical help, and I haven't got any grand plan  that will fix their problems

I think some certainly do, but when I think of the couple of people that I know that are, for example, 9/11 truthers - they're not mentally ill, just a bit thick and gullible, and desperate to seem like they have some kind of upper hand over people more intelligent than them. I would be surprised if at least a large minority if not the majority of people who buy this shit are like that.

It's interesting what you say about not hiring someone if they exhibit this sort of tendency on social media. There are recruiting tools that do that - not specifically about whether someone is a tin foil hat merchant but around general personality traits - based on their social media posts using predictive analytics. Not widely adopted, but they exist. They work off the email address and other details provided during the application process and rate people who apply.A bit creepy, but part of the big societal lesson that needs to be learned which is essentially that saying something on social media is the same as saying it in a crowded room of strangers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxeman said:
    Hands up who believes people in Australia are walking upside down in relation to us on the opposite side of the "ball" ??? lol  

Depending on your relative position in space, it's us that are upside down to them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd be interested to know how siraxeman reconciles the fact that if you took off in an aeroplane with enough fuel onboard you could reach the same Australasian destination by travelling in completely opposite directions.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd be interested to know how siraxeman reconciles the fact that if you took off in an aeroplane with enough fuel onboard you could reach the same Australasian destination by travelling in completely opposite directions.
    I managed to stop being interested in any of siraxeman's thought processes.
    I win.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    siraxeman said:
    Hands up who believes people in Australia are walking upside down in relation to us on the opposite side of the "ball" ??? lol  

Depending on your relative position in space, it's us that are upside down to them. 
    Well he did say "in relation to us".  But Jeez, I missed that quote.  That's something most people get over when they are 5 years old!
    Just because something is not intuitive means it's not true?  FFS, gravity has been understood and explained in increasing levels of detail by first Newton and then Einstein (and General Relativity has so far not been shown to be wrong despite a hundred years of trying).  Yes we know there is more to figure out to reconcile with quantum mechanics but that doesn't make the current understanding wrong, just incomplete.
    So yes, they are "upside down" in relation to us (more or less...).  We all have our hands up, metaphorically speaking.  There is no obvious "up", "down", or "upside down" in the universe as a whole, so who's upside down anyway?  And what about those crazy people from Equador, walking sideways...!

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    aord43 said:
    Emp_Fab said:

However, I am more interested in your opinion of my second question which you have not responded to yet...  If the Earth really is flat, why is everyone saying it isn't ?  What is their motivation to all be in on a massive conspiracy ?  What is the advantage for them to do this ?

Still waiting...
    Got to be something to do with the New World Order and Lizards...
  • FX_Munkee said:
    I'd be interested to know how siraxeman reconciles the fact that if you took off in an aeroplane with enough fuel onboard you could reach the same Australasian destination by travelling in completely opposite directions.
    I managed to stop being interested in any of siraxeman's thought processes.
    I win.
    They're not throught processes, they're just other peoples jaded views hes adopted for himself,
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Funny how he chose the Kickstarter style funding site that doesn't need you to get to your target to still give you all the money...total Scam - and he knows enough people are delusional enough to pay - people are also donating 5$ "for a laugh" too - money for nothing. GoFund me requires no plan or proof of product etc either.
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Vaiai said:
    Funny how he chose the Kickstarter style funding site that doesn't need you to get to your target to still give you all the money...total Scam - and he knows enough people are delusional enough to pay - people are also donating 5$ "for a laugh" too - money for nothing. GoFund me requires no plan or proof of product etc either.
    A.k.a 'idiot tax'!