Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

As I want to look cool when I go on my California trip next month in guitar stores

What's Hot

Comments

• adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    Rocker said:
    Bridge pickup, clean sounding amp, damping strings and play the guitar parts of any Johnny Cash song.
    I was listening to Johnny Cash on the way home this evening. Big Iron it is 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I find a rendition of The Spongebob theme followed by throwing some 'dabbing' shapes tends to make a real impression.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    California, you say?
    Licks, you say?
    Cool as, you say?

This.

Fantastic tune and video!

I like at about 1 min 10 seconds in you get the bands facial expressions, "smug" "Very Happy" & "Who am I, and what am I doing here?"

Then you get the audience.......................

• GassageGassage Frets: 30939
    SNAKEBITE said:
    Gassage said:
    California, you say?
    Licks, you say?
    Cool as, you say?

This.

Fantastic tune and video!

I like at about 1 min 10 seconds in you get the bands facial expressions, "smug" "Very Happy" & "Who am I, and what am I doing here?"

Then you get the audience.......................

And 'The Step.' Don't forget, the Step.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12410
    Cool as fuck you say?

"OUR TOSSPOT"
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4317

Take a violin or cello bow and play something Page-esque.

People will remember you.

PS. You can potentially swap the word 'remember' in the above sentence to 'laugh at'.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• NeilNeil Frets: 3637
    Sassafras said:
    No-one will care what you play as long as you're wearing cool clothes.
    No one will care what you wear or what you play, just like here in England. 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5059
    edited September 2017
    Ten Years Gone. Quiet bit, loud bit - that should do the trick!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28636
    underdog said:
    Paul_C said:

httplawhahacomwp-contentuploads201305guitar-playing-warning-e1369424437710jpg

I'd play the 3 of them over and over, if I want to try a guitar by playing 3 classic riffs I will and the staff will shut up if they want a chance of getting some money off me.
    Nah. Mess with them. Play alternate notes from each of the three songs in turn.

Jazztastic.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_C said:

I wonder if an atall is anything like an alot.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • You have to go with something that has that west coast vibe so I think "I've got a brand new combined harvester" by the Wurzels should be just the ticket.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_C said:

This got updated to add "Van Halens Eruption" at a lot of stores here.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• @Adamm82 whereabouts are you going? I want to go to California for a holiday with the family next summer, saving up already!

@Adamm82 whereabouts are you going? I want to go to California for a holiday with the family next summer, saving up already!
    Going to San Diego, LA and San Francisco.
    Haven't been to SF before but been to LA about 4 times. I love it there not sure why but just a feeling I get there.

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13955
    edited September 2017
    adamm82 said:
    @Adamm82 whereabouts are you going? I want to go to California for a holiday with the family next summer, saving up already!
    Haven't been to SF before but been to LA about 4 times. I love it there not sure why but just a feeling I get there.

I want to do LA for a week, getting out and about to see stuff then LV for Lake Mead, Grand Canyon by helicopter and some chillout by the pool in one of the hotels.

adamm82 said:

I want to do LA for a week, getting out and about to see stuff then LV for Lake Mead, Grand Canyon by helicopter and some chillout by the pool in one of the hotels.
    Definitely can recommend that too been a few times. Love Vegas I was there very briefly for a long weekend for a work party. Long way to go for the weekend, Cosmopolitan was tremendous but all the hotels are pretty good.   
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    adamm82 said:

If you want to go to Alcatraz (and you should, it was fascinating) book many many months in advance, we did thankfully, when we got to the port there was a six week wait for tickets. Plus SF is a lot colder than LA, we had all four season in a day, every day and it was the middle of August
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    Jason said:
    adamm82 said:

If you want to go to Alcatraz (and you should, it was fascinating) book many many months in advance, we did thankfully, when we got to the port there was a six week wait for tickets. Plus SF is a lot colder than LA, we had all four season in a day, every day and it was the middle of August
    Yep got that booked up. Keeping the rest of the time free the only other thing I have booked in advance is a couple of hockey tickets to see the LA kings. 
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    Sausalito (the other side of the bay - where Otis sat down and wrote) is lovely and much warmer. The Stinking Rose is a good shout for food. Its all good, if not a little expensive.
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    Birdie Song...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>