Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guitar recommendation

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Thanks for all the replies! 

I didn't realise the the PRS SE was so reasonable, for some reason I always considered them expensive guitars, I didn't know that they had launched this range. Mahogany body, maple top, fixed bridge and decent pick-up means I'll definitely be looking into them.

Re buying a cheaper LP - I played the cheapest one they had in a local store recently (think it was a faded) and I was quite shocked at the quality of it, particularly the fret work which was very ropy. Coincidentally, I was in my guitar teacher's house last night and he let me rip into his 89 LP Custom through an old Fender valve amp - it has the most exquisite tone. I will have one, one day!

I think it's between a PRS and a Strat. Hardtail Strats seem to be very thin on the ground so it would have to be one with a trem which I would block. There's a pretty healthy second hand market here so I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled. 

Thanks again. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 254
    If you go down the Les Paul route i can highly recommend  one of the Studio Faded's if you don't want bling. 
    I've got a 2016 model which is great, it sounds and plays great - Very lively and resonant. And even new they are a bit of a bargain. 
  • I'd look for a 90's lp studio (which is basically a standard with less cosmetic bling - they were very nice in the 90's) or a MIJ Strat and upgrade the pickups with some hand wound boutique jobbies.
  • With 1k you could probably pick up a used Gibson Les Paul Standard.
    Alternatives are Tokai, PRS & Epiphone LP types. Alternatively, try a Gibson SG standard.