SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Carr Rambler / Louis Electric or similar (1x12 preferred) SOLVED!

What's Hot
mondaypeanutmondaypeanut Frets: 72
edited October 2017 in Amps £
Let me know what you have for sale!

Now looking ideally for blackface 1x12 amps:
Carr Rambler
Louis Electric Deltone Reverb or similar model

I was looking for Redplate as well but based on an upclose demo I am now not going for Redplate due to differences I have with their construction methods (stickers for control panels, etc).
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9547
    edited September 2017
    I'm very fortunate to own both, and after buying 100s of amps, I can't ever see these two going...

There have been a couple of Redplates up for sale lately, so search this forum. Coda Music also have some usued ones in stock, and obviously stock Carrs...

The Rambler, especially with the Elsinore speaker, are some of the best cleans Iive encountered and it remains my no.1 amp. It takes pedals superbly and it a great 'home' amp. 

The Redplate remains the best live sound Ive ever had.

Hope this helps

• PM sent peanut
  • Still looking
  • ChrisCox1994ChrisCox1994 Frets: 368
    edited October 2017
    I've got a Redplate Bluesmachine 66 I'd let go for the right price...
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • I've got a Redplate Bluesmaster 66 I'd let go for the right price...
    Thanks, but looking for more of a 6L6 / 6v6 blackface style rig.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got a Redplate Bluesmaster 66 I'd let go for the right price...
    Thanks, but looking for more of a 6L6 / 6v6 blackface style rig.
    it can take el34, 6L6 or the currently installed KT66s..

https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • I may consider letting my Carr Vincent 2x12 combo go, just what you're after. Where are you based?
  • I may consider letting my Carr Vincent 2x12 combo go, just what you're after. Where are you based?
    just north of Reading, pm me about the Carr Vincent (including how much you're looking for)
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3873
    edited October 2017
    I've got a mint Carr Impala to sell and am just up the road in Wallingford. @mondaypeanut ;

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MarshallMarshall Frets: 362
    Wow! Some heavy hitters coming out of the woodwork in response to mondaypeanut here! Anyone have, or had experience with the astrodust 88? Also interested in similar to mondaypeanut, particularly a Louis Electric Columbia Reverb also...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

• Still looking; the Impala although lovely wasn't for me (not enough BF) and unfortunately the Vincent was a 2x12 and only 4lbs lighter than the Twin Reverb I'm replacing. If anyone has a 1x12 Vincent/Viceroy let me know. It's really helped narrow the search though looking through the offerings so thanks for helping.

Now looking ideally for 

Carr Rambler
    Carr Vincent/Viceroy 1x12
    Redplate CDS / Blackverb / Blackloop etc.
    Louis Electric Deltone Reverb or similar.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9547
    Ive said it before, having owned most of these amps, THE one your u want to try is the Redplate Blues Machine on this very forum. Just my humble...

Ive said it before, having owned most of these amps, THE one your u want to try is the Redplate Blues Machine on this very forum. Just my humble...

Very nice... the trouble with Greg's demos is I find they tend to all wind up sounding very similar to each other - sorry if that makes me/my ears uneducated/ignorant!  Out of interest, have you had - or played with - the Astrodust 88?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3873
    @mondaypeanut ; FYI A Rambler (with Elsinore speaker) has come up on Gumtree. Great price too.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/carr-rambler-guitar-amplifiermint/1269179012

• edbolivaredbolivar Frets: 153
    @mondaypeanut ;

The Astrodust in Coda used to be mine (I traded it in about 2 years ago).
    i have been really close to buying it back as it is one of the few Amps I miss.
    incredibily verstile and what a sound...
    When I bought it I played the Carr’s and Two Rock’s they had in, and preferred this.

At the the time I also had a Blues Machine 66 and promptly moved it on, as it became totally redundant.

Good price as well, if I hadn’t just bought an amp on Tuesday I would be sorely tempted.

• edbolivaredbolivar Frets: 153
    Just to balance out the Redplate love, I would also add that as much as I loved that amp sounds and liked other models too, they had a touch of the home made rather than boutique look on the outside. I was surprised by the stickers they used for the control panel, but that could just be me
    edbolivar said:
    Just to balance out the Redplate love, I would also add that as much as I loved that amp sounds and liked other models too, they had a touch of the home made rather than boutique look on the outside. I was surprised by the stickers they used for the control panel, but that could just be me
    Thanks much for this! Are Redplates actually handwired (home made if you will!)?

The Astrodust is obviously a bit unique with its preamp shaping- I wonder how faithfully you think it recreates the so called blackface, brownface and tweed tones with that feature?? It’s running 2 KT88s on the power stage right? Does this ‘colour ‘ the tones it generates much? 

Presumably 2 x KT88s @ 80w means lots of headroom and bloody loud if you want it to be?!

cheers!

At the the time I also had a Blues Machine 66 and promptly moved it on, as it became totally redundant.”

Also wondered what the Blues Machine gave you that the Astrodust didn’t? (Apart from portability?)

• Marshall said:
    “At the the time I also had a Blues Machine 66 and promptly moved it on, as it became totally redundant.”

Also wondered what the Blues Machine gave you that the Astrodust didn’t? (Apart from portability?)
    Hi Marshall can I suggest starting a thread on the Amps discussions forum because this thread is WTB.
  • Lebarque said:
    @mondaypeanut ; FYI A Rambler (with Elsinore speaker) has come up on Gumtree. Great price too.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/carr-rambler-guitar-amplifiermint/1269179012

He's just sorting out the postage now!