SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Carr Rambler / Louis Electric or similar (1x12 preferred) SOLVED!

What's Hot

Comments

• MarshallMarshall Frets: 362
    Marshall said:
    “At the the time I also had a Blues Machine 66 and promptly moved it on, as it became totally redundant.”

Also wondered what the Blues Machine gave you that the Astrodust didn’t? (Apart from portability?)
    Hi Marshall can I suggest starting a thread on the Amps discussions forum because this thread is WTB.
    Apologies 

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Marshall said:
    Marshall said:
    “At the the time I also had a Blues Machine 66 and promptly moved it on, as it became totally redundant.”

Also wondered what the Blues Machine gave you that the Astrodust didn’t? (Apart from portability?)
    Hi Marshall can I suggest starting a thread on the Amps discussions forum because this thread is WTB.
    Apologies 
    Not a problem at all, it just seems like you'd probably get more responses as a dedicated thread.
    Marshall said:
    Marshall said:

Apologies 
    Not a problem at all, it just seems like you'd probably get more responses as a dedicated thread.
    Quite right ;) looks like you got what you were after at a great price?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5048
    FYI anyone who's interested, the Carr Elsinore speaker's sensitivity is 99dB. I only know that because I asked Steve Carr the question, as my Elsinore-equipped 28 watt 6L6 Rambler doesn't sound nearly as loud as my 22 watt 6V6 silverface Deluxe Reverb with its 100dB G12H 70th Anniversary speaker. 

Would just 1dB difference be noticeably different in terms of loudness?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9547
    @fretfinder - not sure mate, but having owned 2 Ramblers the earlier one (non Elsinore speaker) did seem louder and less subtle than my new one.

The Elsinore is a far superior speaker imho.
  • Still looking, Carr Rambler deal fell through.

After demoing a Redplate Tweedyverb+ I am now no longer looking for Redplate due to differences I have with their construction methods (stickers for control panels, etc) and that the reverb failed during use.
    Still looking, Carr Rambler deal fell through.

After demoing a Redplate Tweedyverb+ I am now no longer looking for Redplate due to differences I have with their construction methods (stickers for control panels, etc) and that the reverb failed during use.
    What went wrong re Rambler? Was a great price...

• Marshall said:

Unfortunately someone was in front in the queue so unless that person pulls out, it's off.
    Marshall said:

Unfortunately someone was in front in the queue so unless that person pulls out, it's off.
    :(

• Marshall said:
    Marshall said:

Sadly it sold to the other person so I'm still looking.
  • bump
  • Marshall said:
    Marshall said:

Sadly it sold to the other person so I'm still looking.
    Hi, sorry to hear the Rambler deal fell through, was interested myself but missed out too.  I can help you with your hunt for a Vincent/Viceroy.  I have the 1 x 12 Vincent, in pristine condition, with padded cover & footswitch.  I’m in Thame, OX9 so about 40 mins from Reading.  It’s had home use only.  Let me know.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5048
    In case mondaypeanut doesn't want it, how much are you asking for the Vincent, and has it been serviced at all in the last 10 or so years? Thanks.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • gefcon1 said:
    Hi, sorry to hear the Rambler deal fell through, was interested myself but missed out too.  I can help you with your hunt for a Vincent/Viceroy.  I have the 1 x 12 Vincent, in pristine condition, with padded cover & footswitch.  I’m in Thame, OX9 so about 40 mins from Reading.  It’s had home use only.  Let me know.
    Email sent.
  • In case mondaypeanut doesn't want it, how much are you asking for the Vincent, and has it been serviced at all in the last 10 or so years? Thanks.
    Will get back to you - thanks!
  • Bump.

Now only looking for Carr Rambler or Louis Electric 6L6 blackface amps
  • bump
  • SOLVED! Bought a Carr Rambler and couldn't be more happy with the sound!
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3872
    Congrats. Do you prefer the pentode or triode mode?
  • Both - triode for Stonesy bluesy sounds, pentode for 3D blackface.