New Boss DD500 V2 firmware update

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Octafish said:
    Wow, that looks an exciting update, particularly the Binson mode - spent an evening setting up my Binson patch a while ago. It is great to have these updates although one can't help feel it maybe encourages manufacturers to put out unfinished pedals out there knowing they can release a bunch of updates. Can't understand why Boss first released the DD 500 with no (essential) volume control for the looper.
    Well - Boss, are not known for this but the rest of the industry apart from Strymon has been moving this way. The 500 series is a new range competing at a new position in the market. I reckon they wanted to put it out, see how it went, then decide on whether to released the RV and MD as well as update. Sales also give an early return on development... reduces risk.
    Edited for accuracy and with frustration. 

Much as I am a huge fan, I wish they'd consider some interesting updates, or they might get left behind.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • In other, tenuously related news, the DD500 works with an unpowered MIDI thru. Which is nice. 

Had a play with the new modes last night- I think I preferred the Echorec patch I got from the TGP Google doc to what I could come up with in five minutes of idle tweaking(!) but the shimmer mode is pretty much instantly usable. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
    Octafish said:
    Wow, that looks an exciting update, particularly the Binson mode - spent an evening setting up my Binson patch a while ago. It is great to have these updates although one can't help feel it maybe encourages manufacturers to put out unfinished pedals out there knowing they can release a bunch of updates. Can't understand why Boss first released the DD 500 with no (essential) volume control for the looper.
    Well - Boss, are not known for this but the rest of the industry apart from Strymon has been moving this way. The 500 series is a new range competing at a new position in the market. I reckon they wanted to put it out, see how it went, then decide on whether to released the RV and MD as well as update. Sales also give an early return on development... reduces risk.
    Edited for accuracy and with frustration. 

Much as I am a huge fan, I wish they'd consider some interesting updates, or they might get left behind.
    I imagine they are so late along the path with the units that there is no point in going that route. Perhaps on their next gen stuff if/when it comes.
  • english_bob said: n
    In other, tenuously related news, the DD500 works with an unpowered MIDI thru. Which is nice. 

Had a play with the new modes last night- I think I preferred the Echorec patch I got from the TGP Google doc to what I could come up with in five minutes of idle tweaking(!) but the shimmer mode is pretty much instantly usable. 
    Shimmer with a 110% hold is ace, a 'quick' 10 minute noodle turned into over an hour. Even Mrs Fred said it sounded good.  
  • english_bob said: n
    In other, tenuously related news, the DD500 works with an unpowered MIDI thru. Which is nice. 

Shimmer with a 110% hold is ace, a 'quick' 10 minute noodle turned into over an hour. Even Mrs Fred said it sounded good.  
    What's a 110% hold?

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• english_bob said: I
    english_bob said: n

What's a 110% hold?
    Setting a control button (or the tap tempo) to the hold function and putting it's volume param up to 110.  Works in a much nicer way than my EHX Freeze pedal ever did.