New Gary Clark Jr. SG!!!! OH MY WORD!

What's Hot

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited March 2018
    SG jrs is where its at for me nowadays...That one Dan off TPS has is a right pair of canine danglies...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Hi all, I'm new to the forum but wanted to mention I recently ordered and received this guitar direct from the Chicago Music Exchange. I live in the UK and all the Gibson dealers are still waiting for delivery. All I can say is that I love this thing. Not everyone likes three pickups (especially single coil) but for me this thing is just great. Goes From mellow, clean, to kick @ss. I'm hoping the photo has uploaded ok. I think Gibson got this one right considering the amount of not so good instruments coming out recently. Old school vibe with possibly a modern twist- no pcb, yay!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Boj1 said:
    Hi all, I'm new to the forum but wanted to mention I recently ordered and received this guitar direct from the Chicago Music Exchange. I live in the UK and all the Gibson dealers are still waiting for delivery. All I can say is that I love this thing. Not everyone likes three pickups (especially single coil) but for me this thing is just great. Goes From mellow, clean, to kick @ss. I'm hoping the photo has uploaded ok. I think Gibson got this one right considering the amount of not so good instruments coming out recently. Old school vibe with possibly a modern twist- no pcb, yay!

Pics!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Boj1Boj1 Frets: 6
    Trust me it's not from lack of trying! My iPad and iPhone are just not copying the URL onto this forum successfully. I've tried again!
    http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/Boj13/media/C1408679-946D-4BD4-93BE-8010C6FE0C25_zps7cjw7saz.jpeg.html

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What are the pick up switching options?  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Boj1 said:
    Trust me it's not from lack of trying! My iPad and iPhone are just not copying the URL onto this forum successfully. I've tried again!
    http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/Boj13/media/C1408679-946D-4BD4-93BE-8010C6FE0C25_zps7cjw7saz.jpeg.html

You know what, I wasn't too keen on the stock Andertons pictures, seeing it in your pictures though and it looks better. 
    I'd prefer two pickups myself but that's not too shabby at all. 
    How was shipping from Chicago Music Exchange btw? They often have guitars I'm interested in but a bit scared of the shipping and potential damage. 
  • That looks wicked @Boj1 happy new guitar day!!
    Thanks guys, she's a real dream to play and with the twenty four frets you have the upper register sorted. Chicago Music Exchange were great and made sure all the CITES paperwork were complete and correct. Very well packed and quick delivery. I like to buy local were reasonable and practicable but the UK were unsure of delivery etc etc.

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Love it. 
  • humbuckohumbucko Frets: 179
    Boj1 said:
    Thanks guys, she's a real dream to play and with the twenty four frets you have the upper register sorted. Chicago Music Exchange were great and made sure all the CITES paperwork were complete and correct. Very well packed and quick delivery. I like to buy local were reasonable and practicable but the UK were unsure of delivery etc etc.

Do you find that the middle pickup gets in the way of your picking at all?
  • Boj1 said:

That's great to hear about Chicago Music Exchange. I to, would like to buy local or as local as possible but sometimes it's just not that easy. 
    Enjoy your SG! :) 
  • Errrgh prosthetic limb colour
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Prosthetic limb if you lived in the 1960’s
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16676
    I used to teach a girl with a prosthetic arm.  

I remember the day she got her “adult” arm and how thrilled she was to finally have one that matched her normal skin colour.

neither were tv yellow
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Ok this is getting silly now☺️
    edited November 2017
    sorry forgot to mention, pickup selection is Bridge/middle, all three and neck/ middle. Each pickup has a volume control and there is one tone pot so you can dial in a good variety of tones
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Without that middle pickup I'd buy it instantly, love pretty much everything else about it.
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    Told you all it was a great looking guitar! haha
    Yep can’t argue with that and it sounds killer as well
  • Absolutely love mine. Took about 20 minutes for it to become my number one.