New Gary Clark Jr. SG!!!! OH MY WORD!

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Boj1 said:
    sorry forgot to mention, pickup selection is Bridge/middle, all three and neck/ middle. Each pickup has a volume control and there is one tone pot so you can dial in a good variety of tones

I have one of these and I think the wiring is weird on mine. When I am in the middle position the first two volumes and tone all effect it. The fourth knob seems to only control the tone in the neck position. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thetabbathetabba Frets: 6
    edited January 2018
    Here is a pic of my les Paul junior in TV yellow for comparison  

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • humbuckohumbucko Frets: 179
    Are these for sale anywhere in the UK? All the major shops have had them as 'preorder' for about 4 months...
  • humbucko said:
    Are these for sale anywhere in the UK? All the major shops have had them as 'preorder' for about 4 months...
    They are a pretty limited run. You will likely have to call around alot. With some luck you will find one.
  • Boj1Boj1 Frets: 6
    Agree with thetabba, limited run and this guitar if you can get one is just brilliant. Good luck on your quest
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Looks they are doing another version this year in cherry. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    I commented earlier on and thinking about it a bit further, why just  a 3-way switch if they were going to make me a signature model and I wanted that many magnets in the mix it would have to have a 5 way and a few options like neck and bridge  as humbucking. I am sure this negates the idea of a simple blues instrument but don't like to have the tools and no way to use them..
    I commented earlier on and thinking about it a bit further, why just  a 3-way switch if they were going to make me a signature model and I wanted that many magnets in the mix it would have to have a 5 way and a few options like neck and bridge  as humbucking. I am sure this negates the idea of a simple blues instrument but don't like to have the tools and no way to use them..
    I definitely see your point there and although i love mine there were a few things about this guitar that have me puzzled. The main one being why make so few? He was one tbe cover of guitar world magazine with it and played the Grammys last year with which created lots of buzz. Add to that the friendly price point and it's completely puzzling to me why they barely made any. As far as I know they all sold out on pre order. Perhaps decisions like that are part of the reason Gibson is in the situation that it is currently in.
    Would be the perfect guitar (in my eyes) if it had dot inlays. Something about p90s and trapezoids doesn't work for me :)
    Schnozz said:
    That's a beauty! I wouldn't even be able to make eye contact with it.
  • I played one of these at the Guitar Centre in New York yesterday, fantastic guitar. I’m home now thogh and there doesn’t seem to be any left in the UK?  
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    The kirk Fletcher SG was much nicer than that. I'm not sold on that colour. But each to his own.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTap said:
    The kirk Fletcher SG was much nicer than that. I'm not sold on that colour. But each to his own.
    It was the cherry one I played. Big fan of the Captain Kirk one too though. 
    I played one of these at the Guitar Centre in New York yesterday, fantastic guitar. I’m home now thogh and there doesn’t seem to be any left in the UK?  
    diddly squat sadly