SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: All gone :)

What's Hot
BeefBeef Frets: 260
edited January 2018 in FX £
I need to raise some cash for some imminent pedal purchases. It never ends. an upcoming trip to Japan. 

Prices include postage and paypal gift. Open to trades, but I would preferably do with the cash. If you've got any Meris somethings then hit me up, I want all three. Yeah you heard me right, give em here. I am now sorted for Miku, (and it's now simultaneously the worst and best pedal I own) but I still really want a WMD Protostar. 

------

All SOLD FOR NOW

---

Midnight Amplification Sentinel - £100 SOLD via Reverb
SS/BS Mini - £125 WITHDRAWN for now
Red Panda Context - £180 SOLD via eBay
M Design Haus Zeus 8444 - £15 SOLD
Moog MF-104M (limited white edition) - £850 SOLD via Elektronauts
Acid Age Electronics Supercollider - £100 SOLD 
CBA Brothers - £300 SOLD
Dwarfcraft Happiness - £205 SOLD via Reverb
CBA Faves £60 SOLD via eBay
Swollen Pickle £110 SOLD via eBay
Bright Onion AB - £15 SOLD via eBay
Shift Line Force - £125 TRADED
Adventure Audio Dream Reaper - £175 SOLD
WMD Custom Super Fatman - £180 SOLD via Reverb
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BeefBeef Frets: 260
    Bum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Those are three seriously cool pedals.
    They really are. Why not buy all three for the low, low price of just 479.99
  • Pm'd. Thanks
    More!
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    I'm not really into fuzz anymore, but damn the Supercollider is such a cool pedal. Really tempted actually considering it's the smaller version (have owned the Beast version of this twice!).

By the way - silly question, does the A/B switch work with pedals? For example I'd use it with the intention of using Loop A for my normal effects chain, and a drone pedal into Loop B?
    edited October 2017
    @Dopesick ;;;Not into fuzz anymore? Disgusting.

yeah I don’t think I’ll ever find such a monstrous sound in such a small enclosure. Would honestly love to keep it but I've got a custom commission muff on the way from 'Murica and should probably make room, and raise funds, for that.

I am honestly not sure about that. I guess in theory, If you have a loop system set up. You could send loop A to input A, loop B to B and then use this to alternate between them, but that’s it I think. Couldn’t have them both on at once. Could also be totally wrong.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    @Beef Ah in that case I think I'll give it a miss. Too many inputs and outputs (ooh-er) make me dizzy.

Yeah the Supercollider is dirty as hell. Do you know if it sounds much like the Earthbound Audio version? 
    edited October 2017
    @dopesick Although I’ve never tried the larger version, it’s supposedly identical as far as I’m aware. It’s the same circuit but some of the boobs have different tapers. This version supposedly has a wider sweep in the tone. The only major difference is that the Earthbound version has a toggle for LED clipping or something.

edit. Boobs? I meant knobs. My phone did me in.
    Price drops, and Shift Line Force and Swollen Pickle added. No vulgar jokes please, this is a Christian thread. 
    Hi
    how are you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Show us the dwarfcraft custom
    edited November 2017
    @dangriffiths This is it! It's basically a fully grown Eau Claire Thunder in a much smaller enclosure and with a toggle for the Toneblast option, instead of a footswitch. It has top mounted jacks to make it pedalboard friendly, tuneable feedback and a momentary feedback footswitch unlike the Baby Thunder. It sounds absolutely amazing and Ben and Louise at Dwarfcraft are a pair of absolute sweethearts. I did the design and sent it over, and they 'hand' carved it out with a dremel and painted it. Came out looking even better than I hoped for. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That looks lovely - good move on the smaller enclosure too. If you only have one unit to cover a wide range of music I think an Eau Claire followed by the Castledine V2 are my faves.
  • I noted the total bellend comment on the Midnight Amplifcation pedal. Why is this? I remember hearing something about him regarding Ryan Adams and Midnight Amplification. Sorry for the offtopic post, good luck with the sale. 
    edited November 2017
    Thanks Dan, glad to hear you're loving the V2 

@SecretMachine well, long story. Probably jeopardising my chances of moving on this pedal slightly, but fuck it - I'd rather be transparent and honest.

The guy is an unscrupulous rat and I could rant all day, so this might be long but please read on if you're interested in the full story and like to be informed in your potential future purchases.

You've probably heard about his terrible customer service, ridiculously slow shipping times and all that. I'd read about that but still gave him a chance and he did nothing but confirm all those complaints. Website said expect to wait up to 6 weeks for your pedal, but it took 4 months to ship out a simple pedal. He gave me a fake tracking number early, no communication or replies to any emails and when it arrived, it was different from the photos online (I/O and 9v jacks spread to 3 of the 4 edges, instead of all aligned on one edge, which was a massive inconvenience). 

But anyway, that's a massive piss off, but not the worst thing in the world. I still had some respect for him at this point. I had ordered a Host Moon and I was absolutely loving the sounds from the pedal once it arrived. I sent it to Matt at M Design Haus to look into and clone the circuit and he immediately recognised the Host Moon as a Pharaoh clone. He took the time to trace out the circuit as much as he could, and track all the components and it was beyond a shadow of a doubt an almost part-for-part, carbon copy Blackarts Toneworks Pharaoh clone (it's obvious in hindsight if you even look at the two pedals together). All Mr Midnight had done was change like 4 or 5 fairly inconsequential components. No one else had traced it until then, so it wasn't known it was a muff-alike, let alone a straight up Pharaoh clone.

So I'm not against cloning pedals by any means... the Pharaoh itself is obviously a BMP circuit clone. But it was a fairly radical one. The Host Moon doesn't change anything substantial about the Pharaoh. Plus he's trying to sell it on a commercial scale, and the Pharaoh is a relatively recent and reasonably priced pedal still in production. Add that to the fact that he's claiming it's an original design - on the website he claims it's design was inspired by great bands like Om and Hum (which is just nasty hucksterism in hindsight). And not only all that but he lied to us when we asked about it's similarities with the Pharaoh (claiming it had 'Muff DNA but that's where the similarities end' which is of course nonsense knowing what we know now).

As great as it sounded, I felt ripped off. Snake oil. If I wanted a Pharaoh (or even a muffalike, which I wasn't aware it was before buying it) I would have bought one. Matt made me a Pharaoh clone that had a toggle on it to switch between the Host Moon and Pharaoh circuits and the differences are almost completely unnoticeable. One has a tiny wee bit more bass, and a ever so slightly different tone sweep.

I can't speak for the other pedals without 100% proof, but there are plenty of rumours about his other pedals being clones too. They all sound great, and they all look killer. No doubt about any of that. But I can't continue to support someone who is swindling consumers by passing off clones as his own work, and then lying and denying it instead of owning up to it. Plenty of great boutique companies make a living off selling clones, like Wren and Cuff or Abominable Electronics, but they generally add interesting new features and make it clear that they're clones.

Make you're own mind up, but I really don't think this guy is worth supporting by buying his stuff new. If you want to buy new, there are plenty of other talented and helpful pedal makers who are actually deserving of your support instead.

Probably worthy of its own PSA to be honest, as I'd like to spread the word about this guy for some consumer awareness. I still might post a topic here to spread the word, but I can't really be arsed with starting any pedal drama right now. As well deserved as all criticism and drama is in this case. Some people don't see any issues with what I've written above but it really doesn't sit right with me. I'd just hope people spread the word.

Here's some scans of the schems that Matt made of the Host Moon for anyone wanting to see the proof - 
    https://imgur.com/a/WkE6F

But anyway, buy the Sentinel? Open to offers like!

Oh and I should add that the whole Ryan Adam vs Midnight thing became laughably hypocritical after discovering about the Host Moon. He got all upset because Ryan Adams stole one of his pedal designs and put it on a T-Shirt without crediting him, which is a very shitty thing to do... but maybe I'm crazy but I see a few tiny similarities to what he did to Mark from Black Art Toneworks... bit of a double standard.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for the indepth comment mate. I'll be honest and did some digging myself and saw that you'd posted a thread on ilovefuzz where you'd ordered one and was interested that it ended up here. I think your transparency on the pedal is pretty commendable, and given that everyone ILF was singing the praises of the pedal albeit, only if you buy it second hand, not direct, I shouldn't think that should scupper your chances of selling the pedal. 

With respect to the cloning. Obviously this dude is in some serious deep shit and working on the boundaries of copyright here and should be held accountable. Given how similar the circuits are, and that the pedal he's cloned is still in production, it's deplorable. Reminded me of the whole JHS pedals debacle. 
    edited November 2017
    @SecretMachine no problem, thanks for asking and giving me the opportunity to get on my soapbox

yeah I really should update the ILF thread. But it’ll be preaching to the converted. Plus the "I told you so’s" will be unbearable. I gave Nic the benefit of the doubt, gave him a chance by ordering with him and he screwed me over and proved everyone there right.

Unfortunately I don’t think there’s anything to be done other than make people aware of it. He can’t really be held accountable but he can be named and shamed. I don’t think you can copyright circuits, could be wrong. And the Pharaoh itself is obviously heavily based off of EHXs circuit. But I totally agree it’s deplorable, It’s still a very shady and shitty thing to do, to try and pass of someone else’s work as your own for profit. Mark from BAT knows about it and confirmed it’s a clone, however he probably wisely decided not publicly put him on blast as he doesn’t really stand to gain anything. Fortunately Midnight has soiled his reputation in so many places that he’s not really stepping on anyone’s toes in terms of pedal sales. 
    open to offers :)