PRS...DGT or 594?

What's Hot
JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 398
Advice sought for an easy access neck double humbucker vintage type 6 string...
Weight to consider (guitar' s I mean) Trem useful too. Testing them is tricky as a big drive.
Thanks jon

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14671
    tFB Trader
    the fact that you said trem has almost created your own answer - DGT then - both capture the more vintage side of life - both are great guitars but the trem avenue seals it IMO
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mynamesnotbobmynamesnotbob Frets: 114
    edited October 2017
    I bought the 594, I had an afternoon with a room full of 594's and a couple of DGT's and came away with my favourite one. It was the neck carve on the 594 that one it for me, and the tapped sounds - after that it was just the one that worked best for me. And as always the one that I went in with my heart set on, was not the one I walked away with.

If you want a trem the DGT wins by default

Weight will be about the same for both and vary more guitar to guitar
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11504
    If trem is important then DGT as @guitars4you said.

If you do want something that can get close to a Les Paul then the 594.  The DGT is a great guitar but the trem does give it a slightly different vibe.  I ended up selling the one in my avatar.

The best thing to do is have a day out and go to a big PRS dealer and try both.
  • If you're in Chester (looked at your profile) get to Sounds Effect Premier in ormskirk, and play away to your hearts content, it'll take less than an hour to get there 
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2015
    edited October 2017
    I had a PRS SC58 and it was just way overpriced, but flawless and not so Les Paul sounding, so I went back to a Yamaha SG (3rd of the price).
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 398
    Thanks for the comments.
    Testing out day in the planning stage!
    Jon
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14671
    tFB Trader
    If you're in Chester (looked at your profile) get to Sounds Effect Premier in ormskirk, and play away to your hearts content, it'll take less than an hour to get there 
    endorse that - best selection for new PRS Guitars in NW area
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Yep, another vote to go and see Tim and Andy at Ormskirk.  Great selection there but ring beforehand to check they've got a DGT in stock.  They always have 594s but not so many DGTs for some reason.