Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Reasons to stay away from Dubai

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12449
    Looks like a theme park, you can take that much facade for a day but then you just want to go home.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    edited October 2017
    Boromedic said:
     It may be a different culture, it may have some inbuilt contradictions, but he broke the law its that simple. Its up to the traveller to be aware of the rules and behave accordingly, in this day and age ignorance of the law is not a defence.
    Exactly.

Which is why I choose to go elsewhere, to places that have an outlook on the world that isn't too different to my own. I actually cant think of one reason why Dubai appeals.

If you travel in ignorance of local culture and laws, you are always a short step away from getting in trouble or offending someone. Problem is, lots of people don't read up, and assume that anywhere you go is as relaxed as their home country. Which to be fair is likely to be more relaxed than the Emirates.

Thailand is a country that you can easily fall foul of this. It appears to be a very relaxed laissez faire place, which in many respects it is. However, there are a few things you'd think innoccuous that can land you in serious trouble. Such as having a beer whilst riding in a tuk tuk. Could land you in prison for six months.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2911
    My martial arts teacher was offered a big gig over there teaching BJJ, Muay Thai, JeetKuneDo, Kali and boxing. Great money and not very hard job for him. 

He went out and spent 6 weeks there but came back due to the racism towards Filipino workers. 

I here about Dubai all the time from folks I know. There must be some good things there but from what I know, it's not my cuppa.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom