Tennis Elbow

Has anyone any tips or experience on rehabilitating elbow following  cortisone injection? Had injection few weeks back and seeing as I'm no longer in agony I feel like doing some gentle stretching. 

Probably I'll end up having the operation on the tendon. Anyone had this procedure done?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited October 2017
    Has anyone any tips or experience on rehabilitating elbow following  cortisone injection?

Yep.  Get advice personal to you from someone who can assess you but they'll probably suggest you'd do well to load the tendons progressively.  Any physio can guide you on this as well as checking you're not doing anything weird elsewhere.
    Isometrics at first.
    Then eccentric wrist extension exercises.
    Then mixed concentric/ eccentric loading, increasing resistance and speed, and duration.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11898
    get an expert physio
    most of those I have had are pretty clueless

Best exercise is to rest your arm on an office chair armrest, hold a 1kg weight, slowly let it drop, lift it with the OK arm, and repeat 15 times
    Do this twice a day

When it stops being painful, lift it with the injured arm too, but revert if it flares up again
  • Cheers for the tips. TBH I can't see it settling down for long- if at all. I had the shots many years ago for sports and I think it'll be the op eventually.

Anyone had the op on their tendon to treat Tennis Elbow?