SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

VINTAGE 1959 GIBSON LIFTON 4-LATCH HARDSHELL CASE for ES-335/345/355 ---SOLD---

What's Hot
polobear74polobear74 Frets: 20
edited October 2017 in Guitars £
Hello there,

I'm selling the case of one of my guitars, an original 1959 Gibson ES 345
As you can imagine, the case has been sitting in my closet for many years, and because I'm not a collector, and I'm not planning on selling the guitar, I really don't know what to do with the old case...
I guess a collector could be interested, I really don't know...
Anyway... the case it's all original, in good condition,all the latches are working great, the only thing missing it's one of the brass feet at the bottom.
I'm posting the picture of the guitar..obviously that's not for sale....:):):)

Price...really don't know...i had a look on eBay and the average asking price is $600... mmmm...seems a lot...

I guess £300...?

Let me know what you guys think....

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• So.cool. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • So.cool. 
    :):) 58 years old....:):)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    I thought they would go for more.... 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24864
    You need to judge these things on a case by case basis....
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Genius! :D :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I thought they would go for more.... 

Genius! :D :D
     lol  lol lol You guys are killing me!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    Even though you're not planning on ever selling this guitar, it may be worth more as a package if you ever had to sell, if you have the original case.  Just saying, it may be worth keeping this?
  • richh said:
    Even though you're not planning on ever selling this guitar, it may be worth more as a package if you ever had to sell, if you have the original case.  Just saying, it may be worth keeping this?
    Yes, you are absolute wright...and that's why I kept it over the years...but I really don't see me selling it...:):)

• richhrichh Frets: 453
    Sure, I totally understand. BTW, where are you located - or would you ship this?
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1333
    richh said:
    this ^^^^^1000% don't sell  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richh said:
    Sure, I totally understand. BTW, where are you located - or would you ship this?
    Hi Rich,

I'm in Finchley, North London.

I can send it, sure, UK mainland for an extra £10
  • Why on earth would you want split these too beauties up. It's beyond me.

• Why on earth would you want split these too beauties up. It's beyond me.

I know what you mean...but...small flat in London...2 kids...closet 95% filled with music gear...my wife's patience is running out....:):):)..
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Don't sell it.
    Joe Bonamassa points out that keeping the guitar in the original  case is the key to keeping that wonderful vintage smell. And will save you some space?

But the main reason is that the person you leave the guitar to one day - a long time from now - will adore the guitar in it's original case.

• +1 don't sell the case
  • Skipped said:
    Don't sell it.
    Joe Bonamassa points out that keeping the guitar in the original  case is the key to keeping that wonderful vintage smell. And will save you some space?

But the main reason is that the person you leave the guitar to one day - a long time from now - will adore the guitar in it's original case.
    +1 don't sell the case
    oh man guys...I see what you mean...this case is been with me for so long....but the guitar is never in there..I use a Hiscox or a Mono Case...10 times better protection...I'm sure that Bonamassa, J.D. Simo or anyone that owns an old instrument will never  even walk down the pub with the original case...and at home the guitar stays on a wall stand...the last time the guitar was in that case was on the day that I bought it...:):)  and yeah, the vintage smell is definitely there...but you go and explain to my wife that that's actually something nice... :):):):)
  • I suppose the space and wife thing is are hard ones to overcome, but to me, collector or not, you're splitting up a pair that have been together for almost 60 years and seems a bit of a shame. On the other hand, you might be granting a fondler the chance of a new home for their prized posession :)
  • I suppose the space and wife thing is are hard ones to overcome, but to me, collector or not, you're splitting up a pair that have been together for almost 60 years and seems a bit of a shame. On the other hand, you might be granting a fondler the chance of a new home for their prized posession :)
    good points....
    Jesus guys he's not splitting a mother and her child it's a guitar case! Do what you want bud, a flat with 2 kids and a missus, with space at a premium is clearly the priority 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 458
    Just pm'd you