SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

VINTAGE 1959 GIBSON LIFTON 4-LATCH HARDSHELL CASE for ES-335/345/355 ---SOLD---

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• --- SALE AGREED ---
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited October 2017
    Skipped said:
    Don't sell it.
    Joe Bonamassa points out that keeping the guitar in the original  case is the key to keeping that wonderful vintage smell. And will save you some space?

But the main reason is that the person you leave the guitar to one day - a long time from now - will adore the guitar in it's original case.
    +1 don't sell the case
    oh man guys...I see what you mean...this case is been with me for so long....but the guitar is never in there..I use a Hiscox or a Mono Case...10 times better protection...I'm sure that Bonamassa, J.D. Simo or anyone that owns an old instrument will never  even walk down the pub with the original case...and at home the guitar stays on a wall stand...the last time the guitar was in that case was on the day that I bought it...:):)  and yeah, the vintage smell is definitely there...but you go and explain to my wife that that's actually something nice... :):):)
    You can bet they have the cases put away in storage though!

Its your case and you are free to do with it what you will. As the custodian of an example of guitar that is held in high regards in terms of golden era reverence, i would personally keep them together, its nice to see an original vintage guitar with its case. Your kids might thank you one day when they auction it off. Use the Hiscox for the dog n' duck and beg/borrow/steal some space for storing the case!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Skipped said:
    Don't sell it.
    Joe Bonamassa points out that keeping the guitar in the original  case is the key to keeping that wonderful vintage smell. And will save you some space?

But the main reason is that the person you leave the guitar to one day - a long time from now - will adore the guitar in it's original case.
    +1 don't sell the case
    oh man guys...I see what you mean...this case is been with me for so long....but the guitar is never in there..I use a Hiscox or a Mono Case...10 times better protection...I'm sure that Bonamassa, J.D. Simo or anyone that owns an old instrument will never  even walk down the pub with the original case...and at home the guitar stays on a wall stand...the last time the guitar was in that case was on the day that I bought it...:):)  and yeah, the vintage smell is definitely there...but you go and explain to my wife that that's actually something nice... :):):)
    You can bet they have the cases put away in storage though!

Its your case and you are free to do with it what you will. As the custodian of an example of guitar that is held in high regards in terms of golden era reverence, i would personally keep them together, its nice to see an original vintage guitar with its case. Your kids might thank you one day when they auction it off. Use the Hiscox for the dog n' duck and beg/borrow/steal some space for storing the case!
    Hey Simon...you're probably right...but I like to think that at least one of my two kids will one day play the guitar, rather than sell it.....:):):):) fingers crossed....:)
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1333
    don't sell...... you will regret it......big time.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ---SOLD---