Swell pedal chains

What's Hot
samothy01samothy01 Frets: 33
What are you cools cats using to get that dreamy dreamy swell effect? 

V interested!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Meris Mercury 7. Line 6 echo park also does an excellent swell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Meris Mercury 7. Line 6 echo park also does an excellent swell. 
    Oh god the Mercury 7 looks so good, how does the swell function hold up? (I haven't had much luck with in built swell functions in the past)
  • samothy01 said:
    Meris Mercury 7. Line 6 echo park also does an excellent swell. 
    Oh god the Mercury 7 looks so good, how does the swell function hold up? (I haven't had much luck with in built swell functions in the past)
    Very very well. If you’re looking for a bad word on the Meris, it won’t come from me - it’s perfect in every way. Love it like no other. 
  • Ahhhhhh that’s such bad news for my bank balance (although I am glad that it works so well!) kinda tempted to give it a shot now...
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    The EHX Superego is worth a look...either original or the new one.
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    a volume pedal  followed by delay/reverb
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
    edited October 2017
    The line 6 m-series and presumably the dl4 too has a great swell delay. However I also just got a Zoom Multistomp and it has a fantastic pure swell effect with 10 different swell ‘shapes’ which is much better than the swell delay effect it also has! I’d be surprised if anything did it better!! Followed by an El Capistan it’s fantastic. 
  • Beexter said:
    I have actually heard great things about this, have you used it before? What are you thoughts?
  • Let’s get specific! I’m talking which pedals in your chain are you using right now for that swell effect :)

Mine currently is: Spaceman Atlas -> Ernie ball VP Jr -> EQD Avalanche run -> Strymon Timeline

(various pedals before, during and after that chain too, but those are the ones I’m using for swells)
  • The line 6 m-series and presumably the dl4 too has a great swell delay. However I also just got a Zoom Multistomp and it has a fantastic pure swell effect with 10 different swell ‘shapes’ which is much better than the swell delay effect it also has! I’d be surprised if anything did it better!! Followed by an El Capistan it’s fantastic. 
    I’ve heard a LOT of people using the el Capistan for this kind of thing, kinda tempted to downsize my timeline for one 
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    samothy01 said:
    Beexter said:
    I have actually heard great things about this, have you used it before? What are you thoughts?
    I've had the original for some time now. I run a Zoom multistomp and an EHX Pitchfork in the loop of the Superego and can create some lovely sounds. I really like it. 
    Check out the Bill Ruppert demos to get an idea of its flexibility. 
  • samothy01 said:
    The line 6 m-series and presumably the dl4 too has a great swell delay. However I also just got a Zoom Multistomp and it has a fantastic pure swell effect with 10 different swell ‘shapes’ which is much better than the swell delay effect it also has! I’d be surprised if anything did it better!! Followed by an El Capistan it’s fantastic. 
    I’ve heard a LOT of people using the el Capistan for this kind of thing, kinda tempted to downsize my timeline for one 
    The reverb on the El cap is awesome, though I generally only use the single head mode which is the one in the timeline - makes me think I should upgrade!! We could do a temporary swap...
  • Beexter said:
    samothy01 said:
    Beexter said:
    I've had the original for some time now. I run a Zoom multistomp and an EHX Pitchfork in the loop of the Superego and can create some lovely sounds. I really like it. 
    Check out the Bill Ruppert demos to get an idea of its flexibility. 
    Ooh the pitchfork is a great shout, I was looking at getting a micro pog for this exact reason, but I really like the look of the pitchfork (you also may have convinced me to pick up a superego to try out...)
  • samothy01 said:
    The reverb on the El cap is awesome, though I generally only use the single head mode which is the one in the timeline - makes me think I should upgrade!! We could do a temporary swap...
    Haha what a coincidence! I’d thoroughly recommend the timeline if you think you’ll use the billion different setting (I’m more of a one setting kinda guy so it’s a lil pointless for me...) 

Absolutely! Also if you ever wanted to do an actual trade...
  • I’ll message you later...
  • Bump
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27043
    Volume pedal + delay. Once you get the hang of foot-controlling it you'll never want to use an auto-swell
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Volume pedal + delay. Once you get the hang of foot-controlling it you'll never want to use an auto-swell
    Indeed, but I’ll refer you to my earlier comment of - specifics! This post isn’t for advice, I’m interested in what other people are running :)

(for the record I’m not a fan of/using auto swells, I listed my chain earlier!)
  • Bump - still wanna hear what you guys got going on :)
  • What are you guys using for harmonies? (If you in fact ARE using harmonies)