Swell pedal chains

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• A source audio reflex used with a meris polymoon and mecury 7 wold be a swell machine! The expression pedal om meris gear morphs between knob settings. As the reflex can control 2 units at once, it would be amazing.

Will try it when I get the chance!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A source audio reflex used with a meris polymoon and mecury 7 wold be a swell machine! The expression pedal om meris gear morphs between knob settings. As the reflex can control 2 units at once, it would be amazing.

Will try it when I get the chance!
    Ooh that would be a tasty combination. Really wish I could afford a polymoon rn as they look like the absolute bomb. If you get a chance let us know how it goes!
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    edited November 2017
    Volume pedal (M5 patch) with either a pattern delay patch on my DD-500 or a Cave reverb on my M5. Volume pedal comes before the reverb/delay but after distortion and compression (usually only one or other).

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Volume pedal (M5 patch) with either a pattern delay patch on my DD-500 or a Cave reverb on my M5. Volume pedal comes before the reverb/delay but after distortion and compression (usually only one or other).
    How are you finding the DD-500 for this kinda junk? Currently using a timeline and that’s pretty rad.

I haven’t been using distortion before the volume pedal, my chain for swells is:

Comp -> Boosts -> Volume pedal -> Distortion -> synth emulator -> Reverb -> Delay
  • samothy01 said:
    Volume pedal (M5 patch) with either a pattern delay patch on my DD-500 or a Cave reverb on my M5. Volume pedal comes before the reverb/delay but after distortion and compression (usually only one or other).
    How are you finding the DD-500 for this kinda junk? Currently using a timeline and that’s pretty rad.

I haven’t been using distortion before the volume pedal, my chain for swells is:

Comp -> Boosts -> Volume pedal -> Distortion -> synth emulator -> Reverb -> Delay

Pretty impressed with the DD-500. I've generally found the stuff from the user community to be better than the factory presets. It can go pretty far in to the realms of wibbly-wobbly weirdness if that's what you're after. Really flexible.

Haven't used the Timeline so couldn't say if I'd swap one for the other...

Volume pedal placement can make a huge difference to the sound you get. After distortion you'll get a consistent amount of gain as the volume increases, whereas before distortion it'll start clean and become more distorted as you get to full volume. Both are good, I just tend to prefer it after distortion for swells. I don't tend to use a lot of gain.

• samothy01 said:

Pretty impressed with the DD-500. I've generally found the stuff from the user community to be better than the factory presets. It can go pretty far in to the realms of wibbly-wobbly weirdness if that's what you're after. Really flexible.

Haven't used the Timeline so couldn't say if I'd swap one for the other...

Volume pedal placement can make a huge difference to the sound you get. After distortion you'll get a consistent amount of gain as the volume increases, whereas before distortion it'll start clean and become more distorted as you get to full volume. Both are good, I just tend to prefer it after distortion for swells. I don't tend to use a lot of gain.
    Ooh okay, I wasn’t aware of the ability to incorporate community presets - that’s a great little feature.

You know I never even considered that, but of course it does! I don’t use a lot of gain in my regular playing but I’ve found that you can get some great sounds using a fair amount of gain for swells (especially after reverb oooo).
  • samothy01 said:
    Ooh okay, I wasn’t aware of the ability to incorporate community presets - that’s a great little feature.

You know I never even considered that, but of course it does! I don’t use a lot of gain in my regular playing but I’ve found that you can get some great sounds using a fair amount of gain for swells (especially after reverb oooo).
    There's a really good Facebook user group for the DD-500- lots of knowledgeable people and a good collection of user presets.

Swapping pedal order is an underrated way of getting cool sounds. I guess the perception is that it's more trouble than it's worth, but several of the current crop of pedal switchers can do it (Boss, Decibel 11, Gigrig) and you can build yourself an order switcher box for about £20 in parts and a couple of hours' work. I have two on my board to get the most out of two Line 6 M5s.

• samothy01 said:

There's a really good Facebook user group for the DD-500- lots of knowledgeable people and a good collection of user presets.

Swapping pedal order is an underrated way of getting cool sounds. I guess the perception is that it's more trouble than it's worth, but several of the current crop of pedal switchers can do it (Boss, Decibel 11, Gigrig) and you can build yourself an order switcher box for about £20 in parts and a couple of hours' work. I have two on my board to get the most out of two Line 6 M5s.
    That’s so rad! I’m going to go on an internet hunt now to try and find different pages for pedals I own, in the hopes that people with more knowledge that me can unlock their hidden potential...

Yesh I totally agree, I wouldn’t say I’m at the point where I’m considering integrating a switcher into my board yet, maybe give me another year and I’ll be there!