Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Versatile dual drive pedal

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400
    edited November 2017
    Ro_S said:
    NelsonP said:
    I'd probably have the Fulltone Fulldrive2 on my shopping list. Worth checking out at least as it meets most if not all of your needs.
    not a dual pedal.
    but it has two channels and the OP said "I need a transparent low gain drive and also a sustaining lead sound".

From the blurb....
    "This two-channel pedal offers an overdrive channel for clean overdrive. Use the right foot switch to engage the second channel - with separate distortion control - and you'll immediately hear the extra high gain with smoother, violin-like sustain."

Having said that the Keeley D&M drive does look pretty tasty
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited November 2017
    NelsonP said:
    Ro_S said:
    NelsonP said:
    I'd probably have the Fulltone Fulldrive2 on my shopping list. Worth checking out at least as it meets most if not all of your needs.
    not a dual pedal.
    but it has two channels and the OP said "I need a transparent low gain drive and also a sustaining lead sound".

The 'boost'' function of the FD2 merely accesses a secondary gain range of the primary effect.   

To get transparent overdrive - using either the 'comp cut' or 'flat mids' mode - on the FD2, would not enable one to get a lead mid heavy sound when hitting the boost footswitch.  It won't change the inherent voicing; just the gain and compression level.

A (proper) dual pedal would enable access to two entirely different sounds, and which can be used independently or stacked.  The FD2 can't do that.

The user is seeking something for  a small pedalboard.  The FD2 takes up quite a lot of space for it's limited capabilities relative to what a many dual dirt pedals are able to do.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    Ro_S said:
    NelsonP said:
    Ro_S said:
    NelsonP said:
    not a dual pedal.

The 'boost'' function of the FD2 merely accesses a secondary gain range of the primary effect.   

To get transparent overdrive - using either the 'comp cut' or 'flat mids' mode - on the FD2, would not enable one to get a lead mid heavy sound when hitting the boost footswitch.  It won't change the inherent voicing; just the gain and compression level.

A (proper) dual pedal would enable access to two entirely different sounds, and which can be used independently or stacked.  The FD2 can't do that.

The user is seeking something for  a small pedalboard.  The FD2 takes up quite a lot of space for it's limited capabilities relative to what a many dual dirt pedals are able to do.
    I had the fd2 and gt500. Was underwhelmed by both tbh
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom