Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Say you don't need a tube amp with crushing gain but rather beautiful cleans instead ?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1648
    I've got a Mesa TA-30 which has pretty lovely cleans (to my ears). It's my favourite clean platform that's not a twin i.e. I can actually lift it. Some people find Mesa clean a bit boring but personally I get on great with them and find the cleans great for slapping on my pedals of choice. I know the Lonestar is one of the pedal lovers go-to amps so maybe it's something in the way Mesa voice them.

You can get also Fender, Vox, Bassman or Marshall style tone out of it flicking the switches about. Personally, I wouldn't say it 'nails' any exactly or are they particularly authentic but they are just as good... if maybe just different. I let my AC30CC1 go because the Transatlantic's Vox tone a. sounded better and b. had more control.

I get a super fat clean in the Vox (or Class A) mode with the wattage up. It seems to ride that perfect spot of still having just enough headroom and being very clean but when you hit it with a pedal it melts over the edge in a glorious way.

You can also drop the wattage making it useful for home.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1648
    Oh yeah, it's ridiculously loud as well when you want it to be. And light.
  • I had a Vioctory V40. I swapped it for a v22, which i love. But i do really miss t'duchess. Bugger. :anguished: 
  • I had a Victory V40.  It was fine, but I found the H&K Puretone had more depth and complexity to its clean tones - so I sold the Victory.

Things I miss: dinky size, and very usable master volume control (the Puretone is a bit of a hair trigger, but since it's not for home use that isn't a big problem for me).
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
  • a huge huge huge no for the victory v40 guys, i had one and it sounded like a mattress was wedged in front if it, far too bassy, muddy ,undynamic and plain boring sounding and i couldnt return it for a refund quickly enough. my experience with victory amps has been pretty crap, sheriff 22 hated pedals........returned !!.......v40 sounded dreadful........returned ! and i used to have a cornford hellcat head which i wish i had never sold.
  • Vaiai said:
    Victory V40 Combo? Two Rock, Hamstead

Do you watch that pedal show much? 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Vaiai said:
    Victory V40 Combo? Two Rock, Hamstead

Do you watch that pedal show much? 
    Funnily enough, the only one of those three which ever strikes me as having a good clean sound on That Pedal Show is the Two Rock.