SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB your unloved 80/90's superstrat projects -SORTED via GT

What's Hot
GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
edited December 2018 in Guitars £
Edit : SORTED 19/12/18

No TOM's (fixed bridges might be OK i can route out for a floyd)

No Ply bodies (there a nightmare to fill and sand)

Hey guys 

So over the last few months I've picked up a few rebuild projects off the forums here and was just wondering if anyone else had unloved late 80 early 90's superstrats kicking around,either stuff you started to strip/mod of just guitars you fell out of love with and stuck them under the bed in the loft ect ect

Prefs are for floyd rose charvel/jackson/Vester pointy headstock ect ect a few dings and chips,faded paint work missing hardware,needs a refret ect doesn't bother me so Fire away.....just no nasty laminated marlins though

Infact id love to track down a Vester JJM1020 or one of the vester esp horizon knock offs

Cheers
Gizmo

Oh almost forgot budget is about £150 tops (inc postage if ness)

EDIT.

Ended up grabbing a Vester JJM1020 all in del'ed for £155 pretty cool solid alder/maple-rosewood skinny shred neck with cool chevron inlays.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Wow this is going to be a freakishly dangerous thread! Watching with interest.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 836
    This is on hold 'til tomorrow but from your description it has your name written all over it: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/116477/fs-jackson-professional-fusion-sx-1992-japanese#latest
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    Hey Matt 

That looks pretty good,i'll keep it in mind thx's

Anyone else feel free to PM me with stuff if your to embarrassed of your old neon pink guitars ;) 

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 836
    Gizmo said:
    Hey Matt 

That looks pretty good,i'll keep it in mind thx's
    Well the buyer who was due to collect today was a no show so it's here if you want it.
  • I've got a Black Kramer Striker from Circa 1984, I'll have to check the exact model. It literally is in bits, I dismantled it 10 years ago, god knows for what reason, probably because I never played it due to having another better Guitar, so it stayed like that since. It did have a Seymour Duncan Trembucker Pick up that got fitted around 1992, so that'll be the most valuable bit of the Guitar ;)

It's a naturally, savagely reliced plywood body and the paintwork matches the description, it has dents all over the rear of the neck profile from carelessly leaning it up against anything upright, the dents could sand out I guess, it's rough though, like something you'd find in a Skip. Everything electrically is loose and dangling. I think I've got most of the nuts and bolts, but all the main parts are there.

The Frets were filed down by the guy who owned it before me, it had a nice low action, the board is probably not too bad compared to the rest of it. When it was assembled and "newer" it was quite a nifty Guitar, quite versatile tonewise with the little toggle switch.

I have no emotional attachment to it surprisingly. I suppose it can still be made decent again, by someone with patience and know-how.

Plays like Lard.

:)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not '80s or '90s but I have a neck thru Ibanez RG if that tickles your fancy?
    Duncan Screamin Demon and Jazz pups. Ibanez lo-trs II trem - can take an FR/schaller I believe.
    Definitely not your normal superstrat....
    @Bellycaster Sounds interesting (or scary)got a pic & how many beer tokens would you want for such a skip worthy project ;)

@Miscusername I already have x2 Rg's and a Sa so im pretty much ibby'ed out but thx for the offer :)

Gotta say i thought you guys would have more skeletons in your closets ! ;)
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2403
    edited October 2017

Westone spectrum series ii SP5112 . MIK, sold this then bought it back 2 years later, not played much since. 
    Bendmaster deluxe trem, oil finish neck with the lovely sweat/friction marks on the back, 12-14 ish radius and plays so slick. Stock alnico pickups with vol/tone/mid range pot, this is a neat little control that helps to keep the feedback squeal at bay. 
    Headstock had a slight crack along the join which I glued with titebond and clamps, not moved since. 

Really superbly underrated guitars, well worth a googling. 

http://www.westoneguitars.net/guitars/spectrum-series/spectrum-series-ii/
    edited October 2017
    https://i.imgur.com/ldjzftA.jpg

Switches are on/off.  on/off. For the single coils and on/off/coil cut for the bucker
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    edited October 2017 tFB Trader
    I have a model 2 charvel with an added neck single coil - pure 80s
    OOps - just saw budget ...spoils that one.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    I do have a batch of fab Aria necks though - unused  from factory £35 each

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• I'll get some pics up when I can mate. I'm not sure what I'd dare ask for it, probably depends if you wanted the Seymour Duncan with it.

@Gizmo

@Sarge Far to nice a looking guitar for me to start stripping and modding but thanks for the offer,i was looking at a westone clipper super tele on evilbay but i think it went unsold and the guy didn't relist it

@Bellycaster : No worries when ever you can grab some pics,i just wanted to see if its worth throwing £20 + of paints at and time or if its beyond all hope ;) Always like the sound of the Trembucker so with is good,i could always move it to another guitar

@
    FelineGuitars Are those aria neck 24 or 22 - 25.52 maple FB's + whats the headstock design like ?

Cheers
    Gizmo 
  • If it's the turquoise one, that Clipper has been relisted now for a while and it's still there. I've been following it myself, but really shouldn't get any more guitars at the moment (I've discovered this place to do it vicariously). If you want to put the poor seller out of his misery, it will also remove the temptation for me, so you'll be doing good for two people at the same time. 
    @Gizmo it may look nice from that pic, but it's in the "well loved" category, rough around the edges with a few small chips and scratches.
    This was the guitar that was sent to me just wrapped in a black bin liner! 

If you change your mind I'm looking for £130 posted. 
    Good luck with your search bud. 
  • Will do Gizmo, but might be a slight delay as Virgin Media have decided to screw things up for me this week with my Internet connection. I'm not too good at using the phone for anything more technical than posting on here. Bloody typical :)
  • PM'd you @Gizmo ;
    edited October 2018
    OK guys back on -

• http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/135840/fs-yamaha-90s-superstrat-refinished-in-gold-nitrocellulose-now-just-110#latest

I could in theory post this if it were of interest and you wanted to pay the postage.
     https://photos.app.goo.gl/ENVXz9adxzcVwGMb9

this is still available, £110 posted