SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB your unloved 80/90's superstrat projects -SORTED via GT

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    Hey guys 

Thanks for the offers sofar but im looking for something a little more "metal" 

Im working on some 80's crackle paint test's atm and need something like the Vester/jackson dinky SS shape

BUMP ahead.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump

I did have a line on a vester on gumtree but the seller has gone deft dumb and blind on me...
  • Hi  @Gizmo, did you get sorted in the end? I have a couple of projects going.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    Post them here @frankieMART , try your luck
    Hi  @Gizmo, did you get sorted in the end? I have a couple of projects going.
    Hey Frankie thx for the bump ;)

Nope nothing that tickled my 80's fancy has sofar popped up :( so fire away if i dont dig it someone else might.

I did re-finishing an early 90's vester body i had kicking around in blue crackle,just waiting on some pup's to arrive before i put it all together.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilMPhilM Frets: 279
    edited November 2018
    I've got a 2002 Squier Showmaster that I refinished a couple of years ago and rebuilt with better pickups and electronics.
    Might be willing to part with it as it hardly ever gets used!

The neck has a lovely flame to the back of it...

• http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/135840/fs-yamaha-90s-superstrat-refinished-in-gold-nitrocellulose-now-just-110#latest

I'd do this one for £115 shipped or £100 collected from near Ipswich. Great guitar and fantastic build quality.
    PhilM said:
    I've got a 2002 Squier Showmaster that I refinished a couple of years ago and rebuilt with better pickups and electronics.
    Might be willing to part with it as it hardly ever gets used!

@frankieMART what ya got?

Thanks for the offer @PhilM ,looks like a nice job you did on the refinish,But I already have a Showmaster 6 in hot pink and a showmaster 7 string (that i refinished in metallic blue) not quite metal enough for a crackel paint job ;)

Thanks for the offer @handsomerik but doesn't have floyd and again not quite metal enough for this project,

Just missed a perfect jackson thur neck on reverb for £210,while i was checking the spec/year/tube it sold lol,you snooze you loose.....

before i go buy a HB fusion pro from thomann ;)

• @Gizmo that crackle finish is sweeeeeeeet!!
    @hassleham Thx :) you can see my (mis)adventures in doing a crackle finishes in my thread over @ Sevenstring.org 

haven't had chance to update it as im getting out of a pretty toxic relationship atm so haven't had time to get it all setup/finished

Update/Sorted for this WTB guitar/thread,ended up with a  Vester JJM1020 from a guy on gumtree who was kind enough to ship it from for from surrey.

Done a quick clean/setup and tweak and its playing nice now,going to have to wait till feb/march to get this stripped out and muiltcolour crackle finished,should be fun.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom