Pedal power supply vs daisy chain?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    I keep a £10 daisy supply in my spares bag so I could get through a gig if the proper supply fried/failed. I also use one with 3 simple pedals in a carrier bag as my rehersal setup. Once you reach the stage of needing a proper supply and a decent board it is worth stepping up and doing it right.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andyp said:

I don't think those cheaper units are isolated. If you don't have any noise on your current daisy chain it doesn't seem worth it to me.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    Yeah, I agree. I think I'll leave it for the moment, but the HB Jnr model seems the one to get if I'm not going £100+.

Sorry for jumping in on this thread but it was something I was looking at just now too.

• I can guarantee that I’ll be repeating what has already been said here, but to reiterate the point....

If you’re not too bother about absolute silence, then perhaps carry on as you are, it’s a great budget way of powering pedals that I used when I was first starting to get into them! There are also some great low/mid range power supply’s (in terms of price range) that’ll get you there or there abouts. I actually used the T-Rex Classic for a while, until I started acquiring more powerful pedals, and I fully rate it: if you can pick one up second hand? Bargain.

But if you’re going for silence with a large amount of pedals with varying mA draws then its absolutely worth investing in a good power supply.

Plus you can always hide them under your board!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom