Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

First forum flounce. I AM RETURNETH

What's Hot
holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
edited September 2013 in Off Topic
Skip to the end...
My V key is broken
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10759
    Is that a flounce, or are you just going on holiday?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28985
    Come back once you've finished your sandwich.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

See you soon ... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wel, you did tell him off for swearing...
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17818
    tFB Trader
    Wel, you did tell him off for swearing...
    Strictly speaking that was me. 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Come back, Hol! Take no notice of the Terminmoderators!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Wel, you did tell him off for swearing...
    Strictly speaking that was me. 
    It was quite funny that the person before Hol had written the C word!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    tFB Trader
    It's not the swearing, it's the "swearing at".

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    F.E.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    *shrugs* people have said a lot worse to me to be fair.
    It's not the swearing, it's the "swearing at".

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Did I miss something?
    tFB Trader
    It's in Speakers Corner now so you can all be very rude to each other. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24594
    TBH I concur.  I thought it was a bit naughty telling someone to 'fuck off' - and not in jest.  If you want to fight, do it in speakers corner.
    It's all in the rules.  Quite what Holn will achieve by sulking I don't really know.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

@Emp_Fab got a wisdom for that ^^

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Thought I would come back to explain... It wasn't being told not to swear that did it, you might be able to tell from the post I said "fuck off" in I wasn't in the best of moods anyway, and was way too oversensitive. Basically, life stuff has been a bit poo, and I don't think it's good for me to be on the forum at the mo.

A promise of employment turned out not to be, my self esteem has fallen through the floor, and nobody wants to give me a job. I've not had employment since 2008, and was on a lot of sick leave before that due to my ball pain, misdiagnosis, surgery, correct diagnosis and the right treatment... Since then a lot of the time I haven't been working has been receiving incapacity benefits due to depression, and I can't really tell potential employers that because they think I'll do it again, or that I didn't have depression and was just lazy etc. But on the other hand if I tell them nothing they will think there's a reason nobody has given me a job or whatnot.

On the positive side t'other half has got a job that pays well enough to support us both, which means I can take my time finding a job and wait for the right one. In the meantime I can work on making myself more employable, and now I don't feel like I'm in "coping" mode with the urgency of finding work hanging over me, I can actually fix myself a bit. Having the time to do that is wonderful, and having the support from holnrette is invaluable. And because of that, I don't think the time suck of this forum would be particularly helpful.

I'll pop back in sometimes I'm sure, and I'll always reply to PMs. But yeah, that's all I have to say really. Sorry to @juansolo and to everyone else for fleeing like a teenager
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26974
    holnrew said:

I'll pop back in sometimes I'm sure, and I'll always reply to PMs. But yeah, that's all I have to say really. Sorry to @juansolo and to everyone else for fleeing like a teenager
    Dude, worry not. Chill, relax, and come back whenever you feel up to it. We just wanted to make this a shiny, happy place without anything getting personal - heading potential trouble off at the pass, as it were :)
    <space for hire>
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33889
    holnrew said:
    Since then a lot of the time I haven't been working has been receiving incapacity benefits due to depression, and I can't really tell potential employers that because they think I'll do it again, or that I didn't have depression and was just lazy etc. But on the other hand if I tell them nothing they will think there's a reason nobody has given me a job or whatnot.

Tell them you had cancer but are 100% fine now.
    If not cancer then something else serious but fixable.

I'm not saying depression isn't serious (double negative win) - you just probably don't want to be telling employers, as you say.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28985
    Holn - we will see you when we see you. Best of British. :)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    Best wishes, Holn, the door is always open. :)
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5586
    Chin up, fella. Do things in your own time, we'll still be here when you need us. I'm with you on the forum time suck though, go work on your health, fitness and general wellbeing and then post about Holn 2.0 when you're done.