Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Coda Music - Wow!!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• pmgpmg Frets: 298
    What do you mean?  Where have they gone?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    pmg said:
    What do you mean?  Where have they gone?
    Quite a few of the big shops used to be on here quite regularly, but were put off by the (at times) slightly hostile reception from some, and the sometimes rather extreme views that can come across on here. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27588
    Bridgehouse said:

but were put off by the (at times) 
    The bad old times, before we got a little more civilised.
    ;)

It'll take a little while to rebuild our reputation, but we'll do it because there's a lot of mutual benefit for all parties.

And thread like this help.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DougCodaDougCoda Frets: 642
    Firstly, thanks for the very nice comments. We like most other retailers try our best, helps that Fender are easy to deal with in that respect.
    I wouldn't normally go anywhere near a post like this for obvious reasons but thought I'd respond to the last couple of posts
    I check in and look at what's going on but have held back recently, just felt that my input was being viewed in the wrong way..promoting what we do rather than just giving info from someone in the know on the other side of the counter..
    Happy to chip in occasionally when needed.
      Doug 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    DougCoda said:
    Firstly, thanks for the very nice comments. We like most other retailers try our best, helps that Fender are easy to deal with in that respect.
    I wouldn't normally go anywhere near a post like this for obvious reasons but thought I'd respond to the last couple of posts
    I check in and look at what's going on but have held back recently, just felt that my input was being viewed in the wrong way..promoting what we do rather than just giving info from someone in the know on the other side of the counter..
      Doug 

Doug, you are massively respected round these parts - and I doubt anyone would say you are promoting what you do by posting here. You are up front about who you are and where you are from. 

I for one would really enjoy it if you posted here more - or indeed if you just felt that you could.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Ive bought 4 guitars from Coda and Ive never been to the shop! They are the only store I will buy from "unseen" as I've no worries regarding the service and integrity of Doug and the guys. Best shop ever. 
    My experience as well. Have bought two guitars from Coda "unseen" - A second hand Larrivee C09 about 14 years ago whose condition was described by them as 7/10, and was in much better condition than I had expected and a new original PRS Starla. Both very reasonabley priced and excellent service.  
    Wouldnt think twice about buying unseen from them again as have total confidence in Coda.
  • Jock68Jock68 Frets: 902
    Only bought one guitar from them many years ago but it was a very pleasant exepriance, glad to hear that they are still providing a high quality service.   and it was a good price, so they are not adding to the price for their 1st class service.
    Jock
  • When I have the £ available for a nice Tele, I'm definitely heading to Coda after reading the comments here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    edited November 2017
    When I have the £ available for a nice Tele, I'm definitely heading to Coda after reading the comments here.
    Don’t rule out @guitars4you or @peachguitarsdotcom either.  Other companies with great service.  World guitars too for that matter.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    Impressive. Always liked it there. 
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Yesterday I realised I still have a pick that is faded but just visible is "Coda Music" and two phone numbers beginning "0438" and "0582" - yes, from before the "1" was inserted!  I can only assume I got that when I bought my guitar there about 25 years ago.  And the pick is still in one piece!
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    aord43 said:
    Yesterday I realised I still have a pick that is faded but just visible is "Coda Music" and two phone numbers beginning "0438" and "0582" - yes, from before the "1" was inserted!  I can only assume I got that when I bought my guitar there about 25 years ago.  And the pick is still in one piece!
    But is the guitar?! 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Yes Coda are great, bought a few things from them and a recent enquiry about a guitar was responded to with a nothing is too much trouble attitude, including loads of photos.  Certainly will be my first stop when I'm next guitar shopping
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I bought my Flying V from there several years ago, and it remains one of my favourite guitars I've ever held.

I go in a fair bit still - even though it's at least a 50-mile round trip for me, it is always worth it.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Always had fantastic service from Coda Music. Bought a JCM 900 from them over 10 years ago S/H; it was as new, ordered 8pm the night before and it arrived 4pm the next day. Normal now by Amazon standards but this is a guitar shop TEN YEARS AGO! They also threw in some matched JJ valves for when the service came along.

I always look on their site before I buy anything online.
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    BRISTOL86 said:
    aord43 said:
    But is the guitar?! 
    Depends how you look at it!  I replaced the electronics - switch and pots.  But that's it.  Still has original p'ups and everything else, although that will change in the very near future.  Not bad for a 25-year old Squier strat.
  • I reckon I've bought around 20-25 guitars and maybe 10 - 15 amps from Coda over the last 22 years, and I've only been there once (actually the old Luton shop, the first time I dealt with them). 

My reason for going in the first place is a slightly convoluted story for another time, but it kept me coming back again and again and they've never left me down even slightly. 

I even sent my favourite 335 down for a re-fret and pickup swap because the quality of their set-up work is so high. All this from 440 miles away. 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    DougCoda said:
      Doug 

Doug, you are massively respected round these parts - and I doubt anyone would say you are promoting what you do by posting here. You are up front about who you are and where you are from. 

I for one would really enjoy it if you posted here more - or indeed if you just felt that you could.

And a big plus 1 from me too Doug!  Just wish you guys were nearer my neck of the woods. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • I've never seen so many WOWs on a message! 
    Have one from me. That is exceptional customer service.
    Akin to when Suhr changed the neck on a guitar I bought second-hand at no cost! 
    Well done, Coda.. I'd definitely actively use them in future after having read this.
  • Great guys running a great shop. The one and only time I went in person it was a 7,500 mile round trip. Totally worth it :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires