Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

If all your guitars suddenly vanished

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8714

Given an attitude that the journey is the destination, I expect that I would still be engaged in a certain amount of experimentation with pickup and wiring modifications on pre-owned "bargain" instruments.
    The most valuable thing I’ve got is the experience I’ve gained from accumulating guitars. Starting with a clean sheet I would be able to side step some of what I’ve accumulated. The purchases would be:
    1. A decent acoustic. I’m never going to acquire the tooling and experience to build a top end acoustic, so I’d buy this as soon as I could find the right one.
    2. A Parker Fly for when I need something light and easy to play in my dotage.

I’d make:
    1. A Telecaster or two ... or three.
    2. A semi with humbuckers, and a body slightly smaller than a 335.
    3. A bass.
    Of course I wouldn’t be totally satisfied with what I’d made. There would always be something else to try, a finish, a pickup combination, a tweak to the body shape, a laminated neck, those new Axesrus lightweight tuners, that tree I chopped down two years ago. So I’d keep making one or two a year until I ran out of house room.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    inconsistencies in build quality would mean you would never get an exact match.

I would want though:

335 Cherry
    at least 50 yr old Strat
    62 Custom Tele
    LP with ebony neck
    LP DC Jr
    PRS P90s
    Hofner Archtop
    original era Yamaha SG2000s SB finish
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I'd struggle to replace some of them - just because of what they are. Plus, I'm not convinced that the insurance value would cover the actual costs of replacement - by that I mean whilst I could physically replace them but I doubt I'd find as nice versions.

I'd start with trying to find a Tele as good as my black one... and see how much was left.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• This is a great question/thread.

• Some of our stuff is very rare so would be hard and expensive if we actually need/wanted to replacemail them. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12383
    I have three electrics, roadworn tele, upgraded squire strat and an upgraded 335 copy, I can't see me being happy without a strat, tele or 335 of some description.  I'd like a jaguar to add to that, maybe a Les Paul but that would be last on the list. I have an alright solid top acoustic and would want another one similar.  I would like to save up and have top end stuff but I have enjoyed meddling with my stuff so much I would probably repeat the whole experience.    Theres nothing like that "please don't fuck it up!" feeling to get the blood pumping!
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    One is rare and has sentimental value way beyond its price. Probably wouldn't bother replacing it. Otherwise AVRI 52 tele or nocaster. A selected Strat? Another 335. I'd probably take my time selecting the latter two to get value and spec to my liking. Then I'd upgrade the acoustic to the lifer I'm planning anyway, probably a furchs.
  • skayskay Frets: 394
    No, as they are what I wanted, what I thought I wanted or what I could afford at the time. 

Buying my guitars over a long period of time has been an educational experience, I would never have bought a Custom Shop Tele if I hadn’t loved my cheaper Teles first, so although I wouldn’t buy 3/4 of them again it’s only a reflection of where I am now as a player. 

I’d definitely replace my Nocaster, then spend a looooooong time trying out acoustics and something with P90s that I never want to stop playing. 

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

• I'd buy another Blackmachine and a superstrat (Ibanez Jem or j Custom). Then I can cover all bases.

The rest of it is just fun stuff to own, but nothing I'd miss too much if I'm honest.
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    Would get some of the same... 

Tele, 335, Flynn Deluxe, 00028