Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Could you wire this up?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    Alegree said: it
    WezV said:
    Seriously dude, i respect what you are trying to do here but you need to be a bit less defensive

writing it off as traditionalism misses the point and is frankly a bit condescending. Know your audience

I certainly love traditional guitar designs, and choose to ignore them and do my own thing when it suits me. I have spent a lot of time coming up with non-traditional wiring schemes myself. I have spent a lot longer experimenting with non-traditional guitar design.

The thing you seem to be ignoring is that many of the "traditionalists" have tried to do what you are doing here before, and are simply relating their experiences back to you.

They are not trying to write off your efforts. You may have got the pickup recipe better than anyone has managed before, i am certainly interested in that.
    You're misinterpreting my words. I'm not being defensive at all. I'm being realistic that a lot of people will instantly dismiss an idea if it strays away from the norm of Tele/Strat/LP. That's fine by me, I know my work is for a niche audience, and I assure you I know my audience very well.

The simple point that I was making is that this forum's demographic is very different from my target audience's demographic. Please don't read any defensiveness or spite into that, I'm simply stating it as a matter of fact.
    We may not be "the" target audience, but we're certainly "a" target audience, and it seems oddly dismissive to say we're the wrong demographic. 

So why did you ask us the initial question in that case? 

Personally I never stop fiddling with guitar wiring, I buy stupid amounts of pickups, and find yours intriguing. 

Sorry for not being the correct demographic, I hope my money is as good as anyone else's.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    tampaxboo said:
    may be worth swapping a favour (a sweet deal etc) with someone who knows how to do a basic pcb layout, so punters can join everything to an easy to understand 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, etc pcb.
    make lugs on pot A = 1,2,3 & pot B = 4,5,6 etc.

would make it far more straightforward for little cost.
    then load it up to OSH park and get a batch in. https://oshpark.com/

for an example see the telecaster triple deluxe HH board on this page https://oshpark.com/profiles/PhantomicLabs
    That could well be a very good idea.

If I were incorporating PCB boards then I'd probably want to go all out and offer them as a solderless harness, which is certainly something I'd be interested in doing in the future in addition an ordinary version.

Thanks for the idea.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28268
    Solderless harnesses can be awkward - you need much bigger wiring channels.

Instead you could have screw-down terminals on the PCB... this sort of thing:

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/pcb-terminal-blocks/2204298/

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom