Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Essential Boss pedals

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6061
    skunkwerx said:
    Hmm. 

I’f I had an amp with an effects loop then I’d be able to use more pedals. 
    Being able to only run my effects through the front limits how or what I can use.
    Currently I use a Tu-3 and an Oc-3. 

Lets presume I did have an effects loop then... 

I’d have a:
    Tu-3
    Oc-3 or Oc-2
    Ce-5
    Rv-6
    Dd-7
    Te-2 Tera Echo
    and although i’ve never had a fuzz pedal,
    The Fz-5.

What issues do you get running effects via the input? I run all my pedals through the front with no problem. I used to have an amp with fx loop and ran modulation and delays there as it was the wisdom but since moving to an amp with no loop I've found no difference at all. I'm playing with 'at home' volume levels, so perhaps there's a difference when using a lot of volume or preamp gain?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72344
    It's the preamp gain that makes the difference. If the amp is clean, it's only the loop level which really matters.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Yeah loop Send level can be a problem with Boss delays at least, too high a signal hitting a Boss delay in the loop can push the pedal too hard and clip it, repeats sound shit.  Not just a problem with Boss though, I've had this with other makes.  I think *in general* compact pedals were designed for front of amp.
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1796
    I have three Boss pedals on my board: TU-2, DF-2 and BF-2. They'll do me.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Don't have any at the moment, but dammit I want to get another PS-3 so badly.
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 337
    I have 10 pedals on my board and they are made by 10 different companies....the only Boss one is a TU-3 but I wouldn't be without it!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    While not essential, I wouldn't like to not have an OD-2 on my board.
    I've used one since they first came out. Probably the first true overdrive pedal I owned.
  • No BD2 love?! Great yoke!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom