Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bands you tried to get into...and failed...

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    Neil Young as an electric "player". He's shit.
    I'm not a fan, either. I hate endless solo-fests with no aim other than to play the next note - and frankly his live stuff especially falls into this category for me.  And whilst we are on that note....

Lynyrd Skynyrd (or however the fuck their soppy name is spelt). I HATE Sweet Home Alabama - just dreadful but the worst by a mile is Freebird. There are three solo 'ideas' in that end solo that repeat.

And repeat.

And repeat.

He then plays them again, to make sure.

Then repeats that.

Then plays it all over again.

Just fucking awful. I'd rather listen to the Eagles, and thats saying something.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22874
    impmann said:
    Lynyrd Skynyrd (or however the fuck their soppy name is spelt). I HATE Sweet Home Alabama - just dreadful but the worst by a mile is Freebird. There are three solo 'ideas' in that end solo that repeat.

Gosh.  I must admit I'm not a fan of all their stuff, it can be a bit good ole boy for my liking, but Free Bird?  I love Free Bird. 

I'm guessing you're not a fan of Molly Hatchet either.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72361
    Neil Young is probably the greatest living electric guitarist, Pink Floyd got much better when Syd left and Roger Waters took over the songwriting, and Freebird is a tedious dirge... especially after the soloing starts.

There, I think that’s controversial enough :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5480
    The Beatles. Overrated.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7770
    edited December 2017
    Neil Young as an electric "player". He's shit.
    Neil Young's playing is perfect for Neil Young music. (have you heard Danger bird?)

Similarly, Allan Holdsworth playing is perfect in its own right but would be balls on a Neil Young album. 

You'd think people would understand this basic fucking concept by now.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • ClashmanClashman Frets: 175
    The Residents..
      Genesis.
  • LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited December 2017
    The Smashing Pumpkins
    Tool
    Nine Inch Nails
    Sum 41 (I liked Pretty Fly and Original Prankster though)
    Muse
    The Strokes
    Placebo (yes for Every Me/Every You ((that song)), no for Nancy Boy) - but it's not like I haven't tried.
    Pretty Fly and Original Prankster are by the Offspring.. 
    Oh yeah. (lol).
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    ICBM said:
    Neil Young is probably the greatest living electric guitarist, Pink Floyd got much better when Syd left and Roger Waters took over the songwriting, and Freebird is a tedious dirge... especially after the soloing starts.

There, I think that’s controversial enough :).
    I agree with you about Pink Floyd but not the other two. Neil Young is a good player but nowhere near the best, and Freebird is great when you're half pissed.
  • ewalewal Frets: 2583
    duotone said:
    Manic Street Preachers - appreciate the guitar playing like on Slash n Burn & Motorcycle Emptiness, but apart from that I just can’t get into them & I doubt that I ever will.
    Much the same for me and I even have a couple of their albums. They kind of remind  me of Stereophonics who are probably even worse.

Went to Manic Street Preachers in the early days - I left early. I couldn't believe anyone was taking them seriously. Nothing they have done since has changed my opinion of them.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72361
    proggy said:

Neil Young is a good player but nowhere near the best
    I didn’t say he was the best, I said he was the greatest... two different things :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein