Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Last Jedi (No spoilers in this thread please!!)

What's Hot

Comments

• Loved TFA, loved Rogue One (that ending)...

...but felt TLJ was just okay. It felt more like a “Star Wars Story” rather than a main film. I haven’t made my mind up yet, but I came out feeling very mixed about it. That said, it had some really great moments though at the very least.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm feeling a bit like I did when I took my 10 year old son to see a Star Wars exhibition in London.  It was patently clear that I was the only person within probably a five mile radius who had never seen any of the films.
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6158
    Wasn't as bad as the description above. Superfans always risk super disappointment (like me and BR 2049).

SW LJ was a bit long, and one or two of the plot diversions were annoying and totally unwarranted (except to set up a small pay-off in the final scene). A few character developments jarred.

But it was a good watch, and I liked the extra humour (the Hux-Dameron call, etc). For some it might stand out like a sore thumb (wheelbarrow gag). The visual effect provided by the salt mine planet was excellent. There's definitely enough in it for repeat viewing (although I'll wait for DVD).
  • Just come out of the cinema. Not really sure what I think of it yet. Which isn’t a great endorsement I suppose!
    Loved TFA at the cinema, thought Rogue One was great but didn’t excite me like the Ep7. After repeated viewings I now enjoy Rogue One more though. 
    Definitely want to watch it again but will wait for  the Blu-ray. 
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    I thought it was terrible. Some of the “bold choices” Rian Johnson made were actually laughable. In my cinema everyone laughed and scenes that shouldn’t be funny and didn’t laugh at the many, many attempts at misplaced humour. 

The film has been reviewed overwhelmingly positive by critics but the fans are largely disappointed when looking at Reddit/forums/YouTube comment sections. 

The Force Awakens was safe but sometimes safe really is a lot better than taking so many chances. It felt like Johnson was trying to make a name for himself and failed massively IMO. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2415
    I've also just come out of the cinema, and I'm kind of confused how I feel. The bits with Hux and the over-egged bad guys are just awful - but the bits we all want to see (yeah - THOSE bits) were AWESOME.

I actually felt very bored until about an hour in.
    Oh, and as for easter egg appearances - I think I spotted Donald Sutherland and Ian Mckellan.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have not seen it, but I'm looking forward to the half in the bag/plinkett review more than the movie...
  • Having mulled it over a bit. The bits I liked, I loved but the bits I disliked came close to ruining the whole thing for me. Looking forward to the spoiler thread to hear other people’s views. 
  • I have not seen it but already don't like the feedback here  (I will freakin' hate it by the sounds of it).
  • Just back from seeing it...also slightly conflicted feelings about it. 

I loved TFA on first viewing, same with Rogue One, but this needs a bit more processing.

Some bits I loved for sure....but plenty of bits i’m not sure about.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I enjoyed it but there's so much to take in. We talked a lot about it on the way home... usually a good sign. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• It was pretty much what I was expecting. A mix of great and cringeworthy. The 'where luke skywalker gets his milk from' scene - WTF? Enjoyable film but I'm not in a hurry to watch it again.
  • Thoughts on THE LAST JEDI:
    - way more nudity than expected
    - smart idea to do it all as a rap
    - Charlie Sheen totally holds his own
    - Adam Driver's love ballad felt awkward
    - didn't like the 22-minute Olaf short  
    - Smash Mouth's "All Star" was a bold end-credits choice
    Changing the opening credits from the legendary star wars theme to rick astleys 'never gonna give you up' was also a risky move, but seemed to go down well.
  • Just about to watch it now...
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Loved it. Sure there were one or two cheese moments but hey, I'm not 7 and it's not 1977 anymore. All in all I had a great time viewing, smiled, laughed and teared up a bit at times. 
    Thoroughly recommended.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    Can we do spoilers yet?
  • FarleyUK said:
    Can we do spoilers yet?
    Maybe wait for the Saturday night crowd to see it?
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16725
    Maybe have a separate thread for spoilers... I am seeing it Monday 
  • Can't get to see it till Tuesday 
    Please be kind