Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17683
    tFB Trader
    My latest incarnation 

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/monquixote/IMAG0281_zpsd71885be.jpg

CAE Wah -> Polytune -> Xotic SP Comp -> Subdecay Liquid Sunshine -> Marshall Shredmaster -> Strymon Flint -> HandsomeRik Sapphire Delay 

I'm very happy with it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72676
    My current bass pedalboard (approx. Mk 35):

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7501
    edited January 2014
    ICBM said:

You need a bass big muff.  ;)

EDIT: And a digitech synth wah and a EHX QTron...
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1270
    edited January 2014
    ICBM said:

Just enough room left for one of these? ....

:D

EDIT: And a digitech synth wah and a EHX QTron…
    There are models of all those in the Zoom ;).

Had a Frantone The Sweet (essentially a beefed-up Big Muff) and a Synth Wah on it from around Mk5 to Mk15 I think :).

I've still got The Sweet - I've A/B'd it with the Zoom model, and the real pedal *is* better-sounding… by about 1%, but it's also about 5% noisier.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:

EDIT: And a digitech synth wah and a EHX QTron…
    There are models of all those in the Zoom ;).

Had a Frantone The Sweet (essentially a beefed-up Big Muff) and a Synth Wah on it from around Mk5 to Mk15 I think :).

I've still got The Sweet - I've A/B'd it with the Zoom model, and the real pedal *is* better-sounding… by about 1%, but it's also about 5% noisier.
    Crazy! 

Well, if I ever get offered a place to play bass, I'm getting a B3. 
    Not quite, but it has occurred to me that I could get a MarkBass head or similar in the space...!

Crazy! 

It really is stunningly good. I picked it up on a whim just to have some funky sounds and an amp simulator to mess about with at home, but it then replaced my entire pedalboard and I just can't be bothered going back to individual pedals now.

I've just got a G3 too! Although so far, it doesn't seem quite as great as the B3 - with the B3, I literally turned it on and tried some of the presets and it sounded fine, I only tweaked it a bit when I started using it with the band. The G3 isn't as perfect out of the box, although it's not at all bad. It also has one extremely annoying oversight - unlike the B3, the G3 doesn't go to mute when tuning. WTF?!

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    ICBM said:
    Not quite, but it has occurred to me that I could get a MarkBass head or similar in the space...!

Crazy! 

It really is stunningly good. I picked it up on a whim just to have some funky sounds and an amp simulator to mess about with at home, but it then replaced my entire pedalboard and I just can't be bothered going back to individual pedals now.

I've just got a G3 too! Although so far, it doesn't seem quite as great as the B3 - with the B3, I literally turned it on and tried some of the presets and it sounded fine, I only tweaked it a bit when I started using it with the band. The G3 isn't as perfect out of the box, although it's not at all bad. It also has one extremely annoying oversight - unlike the B3, the G3 doesn't go to mute when tuning. WTF?!
    I've also heard good things about the B3...out of interest...have you tried playing guitar through the B3? i'm wondering how it would sound...
    samzadgan said:
    I've also heard good things about the B3...out of interest...have you tried playing guitar through the B3? i'm wondering how it would sound...
    Yes, but only fairly briefly and I didn't persist with it - oddly, the amp simulations sound dreadful for guitar, including the Fender Bassman and Marshall Super Bass models which are two of my favourite guitar amps - and which sound good for bass on the Zoom. That's why I got the G3 as well.

I had a similar problem with the Digitech Synth Wah - I thought it sounded horrible for guitar, but great for bass (same pedal, not the bass version) so I wonder if it has more to do with the type of final amp it's going through...

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    ICBM said:
    samzadgan said:
    Yes, but only fairly briefly and I didn't persist with it - oddly, the amp simulations sound dreadful for guitar, including the Fender Bassman and Marshall Super Bass models which are two of my favourite guitar amps - and which sound good for bass on the Zoom. That's why I got the G3 as well.

I had a similar problem with the Digitech Synth Wah - I thought it sounded horrible for guitar, but great for bass (same pedal, not the bass version) so I wonder if it has more to do with the type of final amp it's going through...
    hmm...i kinda expected that...i would have thought, since its digital, it would have been programmed for a bass input rather than Guitar...so maybe the frequencies on the input is whats screwing those up.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30951
    edited January 2014
    I have, over the years, had some big rigs, but now wanted to build the most versatile rig I could with only one PP2 power supply. Here it is. I am over the moon. There's not a sound I cannot get (OK no ocatve...but...)

imageimage

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    samzadgan said:
    hmm...i kinda expected that...i would have thought, since its digital, it would have been programmed for a bass input rather than Guitar...so maybe the frequencies on the input is whats screwing those up.
    No, it's the output, or what the unit is programmed to sound like. There's no difference in the input frequencies if you're not playing in the bottom octave on the bass.

• chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Surprised you've got a little patchbay @ICBM, surely that's an extra point of failure in the chain?

I'm thinking hard about picking up a B3 to use with bass....
    Surprised you've got a little patchbay @ICBM, surely that's an extra point of failure in the chain?
    Just because it was on the old pedalboard to simplify the connections by bringing them all to the same place. It does still do something useful though - it protects the more fragile PCB-mounted jacks on the unit itself from any stress if the cables get pulled, and it makes the cable plugs vertical so they're less likely to get trodden on.

There isn't really much extra chance of failure anyway - there's only one extra connection because the cables are directly soldered to the sockets in the box, which are very high-quality ones too, Switchcraft 1/4" and Neutrik XLR.

• d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited October 2015

Will be swapping the Bad monkey out for a Soul Food or Glove when I finally decide which one to go for!

• d8m;128888" said:
    Will be swapping the Bad monkey out for a Soul Food or Glove when I finally decide which one to go for!
    Replace the ditto with a qtron and move it to the front, and that's my kinda board!

Love the boss turbo distortion. Gotta be one of my favourite pedals with a single coil.
    d8m;128888" said:
    Replace the ditto with a qtron and move it to the front, and that's my kinda board! 

DS-2 is one of my all time favourites, specially in mode II.

Ditto is last in chain if that's what you mean? my board(carpet) goes right to left.

Ditto at the end allows me to utilize the other effect in loops.

Love the boss turbo distortion. Gotta be one of my favourite pedals with a single coil.

• ICBM said:

:D

Don't bore us, get to the Taurus :-)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    Amazing how many variations you can get out of a few pedals and a very small pedalboard. The closer it is to sounding right the messier it is! Clearly no photography prizes. Got to have another mess with the X4 as my whale noises pre set isnt really neccesary. Might look for the most reverby or most wibbly wobbly toneprint. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2014
    @EricTheweary, Nice board!  

I have a bit of a love for TC electronics gear lately. Contemplating making a board just using the mini range.(hopefully they will manage a mini delay sometime)