Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11452
    edited October 2013
    Here's mine:

Fulltone Clyde
    Boss TU3 - need a buffered pedal early in the chain
    Fulldrive 2 10th Anniversary that I've had from new.  They've just bought out a 20th anniversary FD3!  10 years for one pedal!
    Keeley 2 knob compressor - regret not spending extra for 4 knob version now
    Lazy J Cruiser
    OCD clone I built on a MadBean board.
    Corona Chorus
    Swampy Tremolo thing built by @handsomerik. ; Really cool but I'm not sure what it's based on.
    Line6 M5 - currently covering Delay and Reverb duties

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Here is my current board....

• @voxmanjohn - everything's in the wrong place! Shouldn't the PP be under the shelf? And you seem to be missing a wah pedal... :D
    <space for hire>
  • Correct @digitalscream its like you know me ha!

I am missing a wah pedal ... But my wah was there just for show! so got rid!
  • & The reason for no wah pedal is due to I never used the one I had on my board and was just there for show in the end!

I moved the PP to where it is now just because its easier to access when I was using some old boss pedals which required me to flick those little switches on the PP.
  • Aye...we've just dropped the only song in our current set which requires a wah, so I'm about to embark on a bit of re-organising on my board to take advantage of the extra space (which is quite a lot, considering it's a Weeping Demon Jr).
    <space for hire>
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    As I'm not gigging at the moment and had been given an old Diago Tourman I thought I would make most of my pedals accessible and clear out my draws.

Don't panic I'm not going to have them all in the signal chain at once. It simply means I can experiment easier and am more likely to put things to use rather than gather dust.
    I've got some drilling of plywood and the side of the board to accept jacks to go before I finish the wiring up. 

My actual gigging board is scaled down to only 8 pedals usually as I wouldn't lug this weight around.

I'll brace myself for the abuse about tones all in the fingers etc but like I said it's purely for fun and experimenting with stacking/signnal chain and provide endless options for me to explore.
    1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @nickb_boy - I don't want to upset you, but the one in the top left is wonky ;)
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @digitalscream Haha. Don't panic that will be sorted when I drill the board and secure the pedals down!
  • After a bit a fafing about with drives and fuzzes I have come to some conclusions.

A-My muff love is back thanks to frederic effects, it came for the bass but has stayed for the guitar.

B-The danelectro tod is amazeballs at any price

84 Tokai telecaster with Vox ac15

• Really pleased to hear you are enjoying the Russian muff al!

What's the grey pedal between the muff and the tod?

Do you adjust the tod much during gigs?  I've got one and like the sound but the knob and jack positioning just seem unfathomably daft and unusable to me. Any tips?
  • MikkiMcMurdererMikkiMcMurderer Frets: 352
    edited November 2013
    nickb_boy said:
    As I'm not gigging at the moment and had been given an old Diago Tourman I thought I would make most of my pedals accessible and clear out my draws.

Don't panic I'm not going to have them all in the signal chain at once. It simply means I can experiment easier and am more likely to put things to use rather than gather dust.
    I've got some drilling of plywood and the side of the board to accept jacks to go before I finish the wiring up. 

My actual gigging board is scaled down to only 8 pedals usually as I wouldn't lug this weight around.

I'll brace myself for the abuse about tones all in the fingers etc but like I said it's purely for fun and experimenting with stacking/signnal chain and provide endless options for me to explore.

Jeeezzzzz - I can see why you needed as many Lava plugs as possible!!!

How will you be attaching the pedals?

• Really pleased to hear you are enjoying the Russian muff al!

What's the grey pedal between the muff and the tod?

Do you adjust the tod much during gigs?  I've got one and like the sound but the knob and jack positioning just seem unfathomably daft and unusable to me. Any tips?

Yup lovin the muff, really brought back my faith in muffishness.
    The grey pedal is a tremulus lune, basically a tricked out tremolo, and I dont touch the settings on the tod so the redonkulus design is actually a bonus to me!!!!!!!!

@MikkiMcMurderer I had planned in reusing the loop fabric that was originally on the board but since seeing it with the pedals directly in the ply I prefer it like that. I'm going to drill the holes for cable access then simply use Velcro to secure each pedal individually. As it won't be thrown about as I'm not traveling with it that should hold up fine.

If you can think of a better way I'd be keen to hear.
  • This is my current board. Everchanging and I've broken my rule about no more than 2 drive pedals. Can't fit the Cornish on at the moment ;-( and still got some cabling to sort. Might end up with a different board to get the Cornish on.

King of Tone is the oldest pedal on there. Had it years, followed by the Analogman Silver mod Maxon OD9. Impressed with the Wampler which I just got but not sure on the two line 6 pedals. Love the CAE wah!

I know it's a mess....

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • @Branshen is that a PT Nano?
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    simplyben said:
    @Branshen is that a PT Nano?
    It is indeed! Great piece of equipment, perfect for my needs.
  • nickb_boy said:
    @MikkiMcMurderer I had planned in reusing the loop fabric that was originally on the board but since seeing it with the pedals directly in the ply I prefer it like that. I'm going to drill the holes for cable access then simply use Velcro to secure each pedal individually. As it won't be thrown about as I'm not traveling with it that should hold up fine.

If you can think of a better way I'd be keen to hear.

If you’re not going to move it then velcro’s fine. On my boards I’ve always found that the Velcro doesn’t stick well enough to rubber based pedals and comes off when lifted vertically. So I ended up using these solder tags from Maplin http://www.maplin.co.uk/buy-components/pcb-development/solder-tags<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Just put the big end under the screws on the base of the pedal and then put small wood screws through the small holes and screw to the board. For heavy pedals, double the tags up so they don’t snap when jolted. Its the same idea as the Johnny Shredfreak brackets which better made but more expensive and bulkier. I’d use those perhaps for the heavy pedals.

• bens87 said:
    @bens87 ,what are those patch leads? have been using George L's for a year now but really like the space you save with the ones you've got there
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom