Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    @thomasross20 wondering why you went to all that trouble and expense of changing boards when you've kept the same pedals? Did the Boss die or something? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    It's alive but I couldn't fit on the Flashback, and I want to have my impending new amp's footswitch on there, too (actually.. do I?). To be honest, I don't use the Flashback too much. This might have been a splurge too far as the Boss is great (still on sale but still have it..) and I don't play too many pedals! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToonToon Frets: 57

I am not young enough to know everything

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    edited July 2016
    Finally finished the rebuild.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c34/Danr1001/Mobile Uploads/DD0A9165-74B3-46E3-9145-83248B0F4153_zpsa3mjohos.jpg

Just waiting on the Friedman BE-OD and possibly a replacement delay.
  • DanR said:
    Finally finished the rebuild.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c34/Danr1001/Mobile Uploads/DD0A9165-74B3-46E3-9145-83248B0F4153_zpsa3mjohos.jpg

Just waiting on the Friedman BE-OD and possibly a replacement delay.
    +1 waiting for the Friedman BE-OD! Nice board man
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    edited July 2016
    I recently got over myself and started using a Line 6 M5 as an occasional plugin to my main board for those occasional FX occasions. Low and behold I had a board kicking around that was the perfect size.....

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n505/dindude/image_zpszuvxdati.jpeg

And with the main board...

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n505/dindude/image_zpsgddknzkd.jpeg

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30922
    As always,can't do pedal board only as rack is essential.

I am awating an Effectorde Tube Vibe and another BK Butler Tuber Driver for the rack -but pretty much done.

Little hiccup when young Alistair wired my MXR the wrong way around and blew the house mains. Thank god for fuses.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

4reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    what is that Rat????
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    samzadgan said:
    what is that Rat????
    The R2DU rack version - I presume you're on about the controller @samzadgan ;
    Stop crying, start buying
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Moss said:
    samzadgan said:
    what is that Rat????
    The R2DU rack version - I presume you're on about the controller @samzadgan ;
    thanks @Moss . Yeah i was talking about the controller...i thought it was some rare vintage dual rat  pedal with no knobs...which actually sounds like a good idea!
    Jesus @Gassage that is mega!
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Jesus @Gassage that is mega!
    You can buy it all from him, probably next week! 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ShipwreckShipwreck Frets: 60
    Hi all, first time poster... long term pedal-forum-dweller. (BossArea, MusicRadar anyone?) 

Here's my Pedaltrain Mini. It's been a real labour of love and covers a lot of turf. Runs typically into the front-end of a Blackstar Artisan 30 but plays nicely with backlines, too. Certainly made travelling a lot easier! 

Many years ago I used to collect pedals and mount them to a Pedaltrain Pro. In downsizing to a smaller board I found it really changed my outlook towards effects. It's not so much bare necessities –– I GAS more than ever –– but I started to get more out of the few stomp boxes I chose to put on a board. I feel I can do an awful lot with these pedals in the styles I tend to play. 

I am however looking towards a minor upgrade: I'd like a Metro 24 to accommodate an isolated power and separate delay/reverb boxes. Has anyone successfully top mounted a Voodoo Labs to one of those? I feel too much real estate is an accident waiting to happen for me –– I really love this form factor –– but a little more room would be nice!

Ta!

(n.b this photo was for Boots and Boards on Instagram... naturally!)

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnonguitarjohnonguitar Frets: 1243
    I get you guys... I thought I'd save a bit of velcro lol...  
    It's stingy gits like you that gave the rest of us Scots a band name :')
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chugingtonchugington Frets: 96
    After some recent activity in the classifieds I am enjoying the latest pedal board configuration... 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y513/phlplls/Mobile Uploads/2016-07/CF8A311E-9808-44D3-961F-75E7CB820FB0_zpsdhw3xk9g.jpg

Ha, hurried ten minutes here with the other half of that activity  =)
    Pretty much I've developed a pedalboard that will allow me to sound like I'm playing at the bottom of a well. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30922
    Not so much a pedalboard anymore...

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @johnonguitar so true lol!

Guys... here is a question....

I'm going to put an amp footswitch on my pedalboard. But sometimes I may want to take it off and only take my guitar and amp and footswitch to practice, as opposed to guitar + pedalboard.

So is there an alternative to the Velcro, something that'll let you clip pedals on and off, as required?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Shipwreck said:
    Hi all, first time poster... long term pedal-forum-dweller. (BossArea, MusicRadar anyone?) 

Here's my Pedaltrain Mini. It's been a real labour of love and covers a lot of turf. Runs typically into the front-end of a Blackstar Artisan 30 but plays nicely with backlines, too. Certainly made travelling a lot easier! 

Many years ago I used to collect pedals and mount them to a Pedaltrain Pro. In downsizing to a smaller board I found it really changed my outlook towards effects. It's not so much bare necessities –– I GAS more than ever –– but I started to get more out of the few stomp boxes I chose to put on a board. I feel I can do an awful lot with these pedals in the styles I tend to play. 

I am however looking towards a minor upgrade: I'd like a Metro 24 to accommodate an isolated power and separate delay/reverb boxes. Has anyone successfully top mounted a Voodoo Labs to one of those? I feel too much real estate is an accident waiting to happen for me –– I really love this form factor –– but a little more room would be nice!

Ta!

(n.b this photo was for Boots and Boards on Instagram... naturally!)

That Dream Box pedal looks interesting!

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited July 2016
    @johnonguitar so true lol!

Guys... here is a question....

I'm going to put an amp footswitch on my pedalboard. But sometimes I may want to take it off and only take my guitar and amp and footswitch to practice, as opposed to guitar + pedalboard.

So is there an alternative to the Velcro, something that'll let you clip pedals on and off, as required?
    In the 70's we used to buy rubber strips to put on the edge of car doors to stop them getting dented on walls / other cars. It's just a U Channel strip of rubber, these days you see something similar used on mic stands for plectrums.

Get yourself to a window suppliers and ask to see a few different sizes of window rubber in a U shape strip.
    Find one that is deep enough, roughly 1/2" should do it, maybe 3/4" but no more than that.

Cut it so it fits your footswitch across the bottom like you would with velcro, with the open end of the U shape facing towards the bottom of the pedal and find a way of sticking it there - either velcro or 3m spray glue on the rubber, not the pedal ! Put a strip top and bottom as you would velcro.

Now do the same on the board with two more strips cut to the same width but face the open end of the U shape channel upwards towards the top of the board. I would use velcro here, not glue on the board.

So to mount your footswitch, offer it up above where your rubbers are mounted on the board and slide it downwards, locating one side of the u shape on the pedal to interlock with the one on the board. Because a pedaltrain is slanted it should stay there as long as you remember when you stand on it to step downwards and not forwards as well.

It won't survive an earthquake as most modern velcro will but it will stay semi-put and be removeable when needed.