Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• shadyshady Frets: 252
    edited July 2017
    Wahey.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    i went through a downsizing process recently...kept my pedaltrain pro board, and now have heaps of space between pedals which is quite comforting. I had a jam session last week with a drummer and it all sounded great, maybe better than before. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Despite the engineering genius and sheer variety of dirt the Brothers gives out, I knew I needed a decent Rat of some kind (for indie, it's pretty much the law) and the Jam Rattler is brilliant: a very well spent £85 on this here forum. Cheers, @dindude ;

I'll shortly be adding my RYRA Klone and possibly the Fairfield comp to the sales thread, and I may finally splash out on a tuner, though the H9's tuner is fine enough for the moment.

https://imgur.com/gallery/TMc9Z
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gitapikgitapik Frets: 19
    Despite the engineering genius and sheer variety of dirt the Brothers gives out, I knew I needed a decent Rat of some kind (for indie, it's pretty much the law) and the Jam Rattler is brilliant: a very well spent £85 on this here forum. Cheers, @dindude ;

I'll shortly be adding my RYRA Klone and possibly the Fairfield comp to the sales thread, and I may finally splash out on a tuner, though the H9's tuner is fine enough for the moment.

Beautiful board. Compact and powerful. Looking forward to the Klone and comp (I love comps). 
    G.A.S. = "Git a Sound"
  • gitapik said:
    Despite the engineering genius and sheer variety of dirt the Brothers gives out, I knew I needed a decent Rat of some kind (for indie, it's pretty much the law) and the Jam Rattler is brilliant: a very well spent £85 on this here forum. Cheers, @dindude ;

Beautiful board. Compact and powerful. Looking forward to the Klone and comp (I love comps). 
    Did you want to buy the Klone or comp from me? You can have "first dibs" on them, if you'll forgive the use of complex legal terminology, if you want them.
    gitapik said:

Did you want to buy the Klone or comp from me? You can have "first dibs" on them, if you'll forgive the use of complex legal terminology, if you want them.
    Thanks for the offer(s) but I'm set on effects at the moment (Unless the true legal definition of "First Dibs" is "That which is defined as free of charge, inclusive of taxes and shipping"). 
    ;)
    G.A.S. = "Git a Sound"
  • gitapik said:
    gitapik said:

Thanks for the offer(s) but I'm set on effects at the moment (Unless the true legal definition of "First Dibs" is "That which is defined as free of charge, inclusive of taxes and shipping"). 
    ;)
    Nice try, counsellor, but no :)
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    gitapik said:

Beautiful board. Compact and powerful. 
    Innit though? That's niiiice. 

Got MIDI? Even dirt simple stuff like sync to MIDI clock would be dead useful for a rig like that.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• GulliverGulliver Frets: 848
    Couldn't sleep last night - tidied up the underside of my board

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gitapik said:

Beautiful board. Compact and powerful. 
    Innit though? That's niiiice. 

Got MIDI? Even dirt simple stuff like sync to MIDI clock would be dead useful for a rig like that.
    It did cross my mind. I have a Midi Mouse gathering dust in a drawer at home, which I could use to scroll between presets on the Strymons and H9, but now I have the Brothers. It seems like a whole new world of complicated. If you have any recommendations I'd love to hear them.
  • I think I have legit found the end to my pedal searches:

My pedal board is home made, and used to be twice the size - but after six months of no additional pedals I just chopped off the other end. Right to left, starting bottom right:

TUNER: Polytune Mini 2 (set to Eb standard  because I sold all my other guitars with pleb tuning)
    COMPRESSOR: Mooer Yellow Comp (which was really for my Tele when I had it, but makes my cleans sound neat and play more fluidly). This spot is going to alternate with the Mooer Black Secret Rat-clone I've got on the way.
    OVERDRIVE: Klon clone for my drive. After dropping all my distortion pedals I decided to go for a drive, and this thing crisps up the Les Paul something perfect.
    CHANNEL SWITCH: to flip between clean/dirty on my amp
    POWER: MXR Iso Brick. I was absolutely convinced that the hiss in my amp was because of noise, it wasn't, it's because there's a certain noise floor on the amp which never really gets any louder but wasn't there on my solid state amp. 
    DELAY: I tried the TC Flashback and spent all the time on analogue delay. I tried the Seymour Duncan Vapour trail and found the see-saw modulation to be a bit much. I settled on the Boss DM-2w and I'm super happy. To be honest I probably use it less than I should, because i'm trying to work on my rhythm chops at the moment - but it's just lovely.
    REVERB: Catalinbread Talisman - All the amps I've ever owned have had on-board reverb and playing my current totally dry was very uncomfortable. I have it set very low - all knobs around 10am - and it just creates a very smooth wash.

I've also tried to fit a Fuzz (just can't find a use for it), Phaser (I turn it on, play a phrase and then turn it off), Chorus (ditto), Flanger (yep) and nothing really stuck. I tried a Looper (TC Ditto and TC Flashback 3) - I'm terrible at looping, and a Trio+ (which needed to sit in the FX loop and was wholly unsuited there).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think I have legit found the end to my pedal searches:

My pedal board is home made, and used to be twice the size - but after six months of no additional pedals I just chopped off the other end. Right to left, starting bottom right:

TUNER: Polytune Mini 2 (set to Eb standard  because I sold all my other guitars with pleb tuning)
    COMPRESSOR: Mooer Yellow Comp (which was really for my Tele when I had it, but makes my cleans sound neat and play more fluidly). This spot is going to alternate with the Mooer Black Secret Rat-clone I've got on the way.
    OVERDRIVE: Klon clone for my drive. After dropping all my distortion pedals I decided to go for a drive, and this thing crisps up the Les Paul something perfect.
    POWER: MXR Iso Brick. I was absolutely convinced that the hiss in my amp was because of noise, it wasn't, it's because there's a certain noise floor on the amp which never really gets any louder but wasn't there on my solid state amp. 
    DELAY: I tried the TC Flashback and spent all the time on analogue delay. I tried the Seymour Duncan Vapour trail and found the see-saw modulation to be a bit much. I settled on the Boss DM-2w and I'm super happy. To be honest I probably use it less than I should, because i'm trying to work on my rhythm chops at the moment - but it's just lovely.
    REVERB: Catalinbread Talisman - All the amps I've ever owned have had on-board reverb and playing my current totally dry was very uncomfortable. I have it set very low - all knobs around 10am - and it just creates a very smooth wash.

I've also tried to fit a Fuzz (just can't find a use for it), Phaser (I turn it on, play a phrase and then turn it off), Chorus (ditto), Flanger (yep) and nothing really stuck. I tried a Looper (TC Ditto and TC Flashback 3) - I'm terrible at looping, and a Trio+ (which needed to sit in the FX loop and was wholly unsuited there).
    Superb delay and reverb choices there.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4538
    edited August 2017
    WilliamAyerst said:
    I think I have legit found the end to my pedal searches:

CHI settled on the Boss DM-2w and I'm super happy. To be honest I probably use it

I've also tried to fit a Fuzz (just can't find a use for it), Phaser (I turn it on, play a phrase and then turn it off), Choruther

Nothing makes me cum harder than people saying that.

I guarantee one day you will have a fuzz and a phaser phase
    I think I have legit found the end to my pedal searches:

Very nice indeed!

Agreed on the Klon/LP combination. Match made in heaven. 

What's the amp you're running through?

G.A.S. = "Git a Sound"
  • nonesuchnonesuch Frets: 308

Just added a Mooer e-lady flanger. Well you can’t have too much modulation!

Homemade Ikea Hejne board going into a Roland JC-40 at the moment.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kuuru8w6tz4xmoy/pedalboard.jpg?raw=1

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    edited August 2017
    My new, downsized board is done and done. I'd been waiting on my Morningstar MC6 care of ThorpyFX and it arrived yesterday. What a thing of beauty it is - SO good. Works perfectly and really simple to program. Has given me stupid levels of control of my board. Love it. 

https://imgur.com/a/KmZtk

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4538
    @GavRichList ;
    that looks so much better Gav, great job
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    It did cross my mind. I have a Midi Mouse gathering dust in a drawer at home, which I could use to scroll between presets on the Strymons and H9, but now I have the Brothers. It seems like a whole new world of complicated. If you have any recommendations I'd love to hear them.

I don't have any experience of them myself, but @GavRichList, @Wazmeister and @ThorpyFX among others seem very excited about the Morningstar MC6. Small and very versatile from the looks of it. 

I think you're right about incorporating the Brothers in a MIDI setup being a little more complex, but it's still do-able.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9542
    @BintyTwanger77 ;

Grae, MC6 full stop. Simple. Amazing.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    DesVegas said:
    @GavRichList ;
    that looks so much better Gav, great job
    Certainly easier to pick up