Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    www.superchargerband.com
    @teetonetal
    cool - I'm intrigued to hear that board in action!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Great grab and go setup
    For a grab & go set-up, a forklift truck may be required.

Jesus wapt, Mikki, that is immense. I struggled with (and gave up on) wiring 5 pedals to an ES-5, this would give me a nervous breakdown.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Mini board for a mini gig...

Only 4 songs tomorrow;

- That's Entertainment
    - Different For Girls
    - I Can't Explain
    - It's Only Natural

Sometimes, simple is best. 

Rickenbacker 360/12 WB, Mini Board, (borrowed) Fender Supersonic.

Hey Waz, did you get to use the RYRA when you had your other Cornish pedals? Just wondering if they get along. Cheers.
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 337
  • Paul_C said:

Not mine, but it feels like it could be one day:

No automatic alt text available

Rookie, doesn't even have a king of tone, how will he get those blooze tonez?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Slimbert said:
    The obvious question... why 2 Whammys?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 337
    Slimbert said:
    The obvious question... why 2 Whammys?
    Because more is more.

Seriously though, I just like making weird noises. And I love low frequencies.
  • GodlykepowerGodlykepower Frets: 174
    edited January 2018
    https://i.imgur.com/xcCNoJS.jpg

Put this together today.
    I don’t have a gambling problem, I’m winning, and winning is not a problem for me. That’s like saying that Iron Maiden have an awesomeness problem.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    Version 3 of the new board.

Tremolo & DIY vibe off, Ghost echo & Vibe Machine on. 

https://flic.kr/p/E8DifZ

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786
    Paul_C said:

Not mine, but it feels like it could be one day:

No automatic alt text available

Rookie, doesn't even have a king of tone, how will he get those blooze tonez?
    How about this guy then ?

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    edited January 2018
    There’s some money’s worth there and you don’t see many full size Cali 76’s
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    That guy definitely takes the cake and has lost it too. I only see basses on the wall. 

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Righto, heres whats happened over the last couple months... 

It all started so easy. Simple Tuner, Octave and a Chorus. Separate Boss Psa's and a board I made myself out of pine and Velcro. 

I then picked up a Zuma power supply and an EHX Green Russian Muff over xmas and the addiction took hold.. 

There was no room left on the board so I figured I'd make another one.. I didn't bother... 

Then I figured I'd try a Boss Ds-1 Anniversary, because it was had so cheap, and could act as a buffer at the end of the chain.. Then I also figured I'd try an EHX Big Muff with tone wicker.
    Then I saw the Friday club pedals going on Andertons so I decided to try the Fury six 6. 

This is the freakin issue of having a power supply with spare outlets....
    At this stage I realised I was going to struggle to put it all on one board. Ah fuck it.. Just grab another one...

Wiring it all. 

Then I found a small issue with Boss oc-3's while I was comparing straight into the amp sounds vs through the board.. Their bypass is noisy...
    In the sense that if I had my guitar straight into the amp, the guitars volume rolled al the way off, the amps gain up, channel and master volumes up a little, not huge amounts, there is audible noise floor in the sound of hiss.
    Perfectly normal.

But if I took all those exact same settings except plugging my guitar into the effects chain, the noise floor/hiss rose an audible amount. Wasn't audible at all at non gainy settings, but I'm gainy player! 

So I tried a brand new OC-3. Exactly the same result. Whether off its own power supply, on batteries, on its own in the chain, with all its knobs to zero, on or off. Nothing stopped its bypass adding or amplifying the noise floor.
    Nevermind, the Katanas built in noise gate seems awesome, and cuts it all out when not playing but hardly affects sustain or decay. Its not audible over the guitar sound when playing anyway.

But then I saw the new Tc range which includes an octaver. I've seen its possibly an OC-2 clone.
    Well whatever, for £50 I gave it a go.
    Its not bad, its true bypass so eliminates 1 of my previous 3 buffers, or 4 if I'm playing with the emgs, and obviously its silent when bypassed. 
    Tracking seems no worse than the OC-3 on its OC-2 mode, but its definitely not the same sounding. I feel like the octave effect is less pronounced.. Also some notes, the 4th/5th fret D string just seems to distort (best way I can describe it) a little as well. Unsure if the Boss also sounded like that on certain notes.
    Havent bothered checking.. 

For my CKY sounds, I prefer the OC-3 , but the Tc Nether seems ok. I only ever go 1 octave lower, so I can't comment on its octave 2 knob.. 
    I fear blowing my speaker or amp... 
    But anyway that's now taken the OC-3's space for the time being.. Mad you call me... haha.
    Makes for a silent pedalboard when all in bypass though. 
    Guess its a trade off.

Could be me, as I know Muffs aren't supposed to be fussed about buffers, but I coulda sworn the Green Russian sounds better, sustains more etc now its after just one buffer in the TU-3. 
    This is why in previous pictures I had it before the OC-3. I dunno, just seemed to sound better. 
    But I also much prefer the Octave before the Dirt, hence its up front of the chain. 
    Not that I use it with either of the Muffs anyway because that really does make the amp/speaker sound like its about to tear itself inside out. 
    But hey, figured I'd keep the dirty pedals all together.. 

The Fury 6 I wasn't too impressed with, but maybe I'm using it wrong.. It sounds great, as an overdrive..
    But on its own into a clean amp, its certainly not a distortion/high gain pedal like Andertons state it is.. Its also not the limited edition version like they have showing on the website, with all the skulls etc. 
    Into a dirty amp it can get some hairy tones, but I dunno if a distortion into a dirty solid state amp is what it was meant for... 
    Shit got crazy feedback and a little too much.. 
    Probably a lot better into a valve amp. 

Was going to send it back, but hell, might keep it for crunch or low gain tones.. which basically renders the DS-1 redundant because that's what my plan for that was...
    Now its just a buffer, but at least gives me a different flavour of distortion I guess, which I could also use the Chorus with maybe...

Ahh sometimes I do wish I'd have just kept one guitar, and one amp.. 

Anyway, completed... For now I guess. Would like a shimmery verb and a delay maybe though... Feel like 4 gain pedals is a bit too much of the same. Lol. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    Which do you prefer between the green russian and the tone wicker muffs? Interested to hear if there are any real differences between the two.
    TTBZ said:
    Which do you prefer between the green russian and the tone wicker muffs? Interested to hear if there are any real differences between the two.
    The green russian is a little darker, bassier, less gain, but sounds great wherever the knobs are set. 

The tone wicker is basically a big muff pi with a switch to enhance the highs, and a tone bypass which is like a volume boost. Its higher gain/sustain, more fuzz like (atleast to my ears). 

I like them both though! 
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    @skunkwerx

That's a great timeline of GAS in action! :)
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    Gadget said:
    @skunkwerx

That's a great timeline of GAS in action! :)
    Its mad it is! These little colourful boxes are undoubtedly addictive to collect.

• beerbeer Frets: 24
    Here's mine, everything in the fx loop of the trio+. I seem to have an empty space, any suggestions? 
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 798
    edited February 2018
    This is me attempting to go minimalist. 

Cioks DC5 isn’t on the horizon for a while so I have to use two supplies to isolate the El Cap, and unless there are patch leads available with jacks even thinner than switchcraft pancake style, then it’s always going to look a bit Heath Robinson if I want to fit the tremolo on there as there’s not quite enough space for them to be all in line.

very pleased with the sound though!

https://flic.kr/p/241SRsG

Rest of the rig is usually tele or strat (both with 60’s voiced Oil City pickups with tapped bridges) and deluxe reverb.
  • @noisepolluter these are much lower profile than the pancake plugs. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EBS-Cables-PCF-10-Patch-Cable/dp/B00I4IKVTU