Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• The following is all relative obviously, but I’ve redone my board, and stripped right back. Made a few big decisions around functionality and priorities for live playing, and but for a couple of midi connections (waiting on a midi box) it’s all done. 

http://i.imgur.com/kKVhbvC.jpg

First impressions are really good - it’s unfussy and uncomplicated (again, relative) but hugely powerful and versatile. 8 pedals controlled by the Morningstar MC6 too.  
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    The following is all relative obviously, but I’ve redone my board, and stripped right back. Made a few big decisions around functionality and priorities for live playing, and but for a couple of midi connections (waiting on a midi box) it’s all done. 

First impressions are really good - it’s unfussy and uncomplicated (again, relative) but hugely powerful and versatile. 8 pedals controlled by the Morningstar MC6 too.  
    Not trying to squeeze the moog On?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosden said:
    The following is all relative obviously, but I’ve redone my board, and stripped right back. Made a few big decisions around functionality and priorities for live playing, and but for a couple of midi connections (waiting on a midi box) it’s all done. 

Not trying to squeeze the moog On?
    Nope, that’s going to stay off the board, safe for studio / synth use. 
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4534
    edited February 2018
    I've had this config for a while now and it swishes and a swooshes just right.

https://i.imgur.com/aIRfq1L.jpg
  • althyalthy Frets: 92
    what do you need to make the ottobit jr midi controlable by say a boss es5? 
  • Just a midi box and a patch cable 
  • The following is all relative obviously, but I’ve redone my board, and stripped right back. Made a few big decisions around functionality and priorities for live playing, and but for a couple of midi connections (waiting on a midi box) it’s all done. 

Stripped right back... To 16 pedals!

:-p
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.

Stripped right back... To 16 pedals!

:-p
    I did say it was relative!
  • Anyway, it’s 15 ;)
    I counted the expression pedal too innit
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786

This is my current (i.e. this month) setup.

tucked away on the left is music stand no. 3 which I'll no doubt need sometime this year ;)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    edited February 2018
    Just completed this for when I'm not using the AX8....all on a Metro 20....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• This is my board at the moment. Just bought the Neunaber Wet and EXP. It's a work in progress but I'm pleased for now. I use this for both electric and acoustic as I can't afford 2 boards and don't have space for a loop switcher.

The Boo Instruments pedals are brilliant - was going to sell the tremolo to create a bit more space but decided to keep it. 
  • No flies on me.. just finalized it this morning following the arrival of the Tube Dreamer +, courtesy of @Jeebas. ;

.. more pedals than i think i've ever used, but really digging having four stages of drive. Went minimalist.. went back..

Might add a chorus and an octave at some point, all the essentials are there tho! 
    ''i've not seen a reaction like that in here since George Best got kicked out for glassing a bouncer''
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    edited February 2018
    The last iteration didn't last a day...final revision below.

The Tumnus is in front of the Gain Changer and TD-X in the chain. The Jack Rabbit is last in the chain and serves double duty as a clean boost. I've also set up a preset on the Echo System that gives me a chorus too so that's another double duty pedal.

Power from a DC-5 under the board. For those struggling with the depth of the DC-5 under a Metro board, I used GigRig's attachment method - take off the feet and the mounting screws. Put pieces of the rough velcro/ pedalboard tape at the edges of the power supply to stop it moving and then a couple of cable ties to secure. Works like a charm. Check out the Matt Schofield pedal board build on YouTube for a video run through on how Dan does it.
    Another tip I've stumbled across is that if I use the volume pedal instead of rolling down the guitar volume, the drives clean up without any treble loss - nice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • @JackieB33 Nice, hide the power supply and stick more stuff on there :)

@beexster Tasty!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • @JackieB33 Nice, hide the power supply and stick more stuff on there :)

@beexster Tasty!
    @Winny_Pooh Read my mind mate!  ;)
    ''i've not seen a reaction like that in here since George Best got kicked out for glassing a bouncer''
  • Beexter said:
    The last iteration didn't last a day...final revision below.

The Tumnus is in front of the Gain Changer and TD-X in the chain. The Jack Rabbit is last in the chain and serves double duty as a clean boost. I've also set up a preset on the Echo System that gives me a chorus too so that's another double duty pedal.

Power from a DC-5 under the board. For those struggling with the depth of the DC-5 under a Metro board, I used GigRig's attachment method - take off the feet and the mounting screws. Put pieces of the rough velcro/ pedalboard tape at the edges of the power supply to stop it moving and then a couple of cable ties to secure. Works like a charm. Check out the Matt Schofield pedal board build on YouTube for a video run through on how Dan does it.
    Another tip I've stumbled across is that if I use the volume pedal instead of rolling down the guitar volume, the drives clean up without any treble loss - nice.
    Quality in every direction 
  • builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
    edited February 2018
    https://i.imgur.com/2Z3Gbul.jpg

Slightly revised 2018 rehearsal board. added the brilliant OD-1, SD-2 & DM-2w. Gradually going all Boss. I'd like slip on a Lovepedal Babyface Trem on there at some point.
  • https://imgur.com/gallery/Ysowy

Slightly revised 2018 rehearsal board. added the brilliant OD-1, SD-2 & DM-2w. Gradually going all Boss. I'd like slip on a Lovepedal Babyface Trem on there at some point.

How does the RYRA stack with the SD-2? Guessing the chain is RYRA>....SD-2?

Are you using both channels on the SD-2?