Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    So you remember my last board? 

I've managed to shrink it and make it do a shit ton more. Welcome, mega board v2!

Oooh be interesting to see if that KOT stays when 2.8 lands 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosden said:
    So you remember my last board? 

I've managed to shrink it and make it do a shit ton more. Welcome, mega board v2!

Oooh be interesting to see if that KOT stays when 2.8 lands 
    Probably not. The challenge will be finding something that fits the whole. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• Currently still the same, I did sell my vintage OD-1 for a Reissue OD-1 (Boss Box 40 set) I really want to add my OD-2, DD7 and a PS-3, but something will have to go. Experimented with drive and comp placement last week and I've found a really great sound. I still get an irrational urge to move on the DMM for something new and shiny and a little bit smaller like a Belle Epoch Deluxe/Zvex Instant lofi Junky but I just can't get myself to do it.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Teetonetal PS-3 fo’ life 
    Totally, I really like it, does weird, nice delay and a very nice chorus. Also, as I run through delay through the loop, this gives me the option of delay into amp dirt, which is nice to have
    And yknow, the entirety of my musical career to date is pretty much mode 7. 
    I want a PS-3!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Been through Strymons. Great but loads of money and the HX does all of it and so much more. And I'm not even remotely biased. ;-)
    True. I just got an HX Stomp. Awesome little box .... must tidy up my board.

What are those large silver knobs on the HX Stomp? Are those something you've added?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited February 2019
    Tidied up my board a bit...waiting on a true bypass pedal switcher to arrive, which will allow me to integrate the rest of my moogerfoogers into the setup without sucking the life out of my clean guitar sound.. https://i.postimg.cc/wxy70cJg/F54-C1137-1061-4-CAB-BFB4-849676-FDE263.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/MZPmjDww/49-AE1-A36-55-B6-4175-AFA1-25-AB3-E3-AB488.jpg
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 379
    breadfan said:
    breadfan said:
    @dogload This might be of interest to you:

https://www.retro-sonic.com/flanger
    Wow, it's of interest to me too...any reviews around to report on how close it gets to the original? Thanks for the link!
    It looks promising, doesn't it!? It doesn't appear to have been released yet - I came across a thread on The Gear Page about it a few months ago. The update in the description states that the enclosures arrived three weeks ago, so you would think it can't be that far off. I'm also looking forward to some clips & early reviews.
    Pre-ordered one, he's doing a limited run of 25 for those who fancy it and get in touch. I'm really looking forward to trying this! :-) Thanks again for the heads up!
    Excellent! Let us know your thoughts on it when it arrives! I'm going to try to hold off until I hear a demo!

• GassageGassage Frets: 30925
    OK, board might not be much diff, but I have made a major path change.

I have the B and the C of the ABC amp splitter going into the stereo inputs of the Neo Vent. The A Feed goes into the Twin and bypasses the Neo.

Then out L and R of the Neo to two small amps (A princeton and a 5E3) so that they get the true stereo effect of the Leslie either side of the Twin.

I can still select A B or C in isolation if I want to off the Amp Splitter and the ground and phase still seem to work.

It sounds epic and I am amazed more people haven't done this.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2220
    edited February 2019
    A tinkering happened, but this should be it for the foreseeable. Swapped out the Wampler Tumnus Deluxe (now for sale) for a used CB Brothers, and added a QMX4. No delay/Reverb trails, but it sounds superb:

https://imgur.com/gallery/vESyqns

EDIT: Couple of questions...

1. Could I use the H9 in pre-post using 2 loops in the QMX4, so I could use some effects before and after the Brothers?

2. If I linked up the output of the QMX4 to the Timeline and then that to the Flint then to the amp, then could I have delay & reverb trails?
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30925
    A tinkering happened, but this should be it for the foreseeable. Swapped out the Wampler Tumnus Deluxe (now for sale) for a used CB Brothers, and added a QMX4. No delay/Reverb trails, but it sounds superb:

1. Could I use the H9 in pre-post using 2 loops in the QMX4, so I could use some effects before and after the Brothers?

2. If I linked up the output of the QMX4 to the Timeline and then that to the Flint then to the amp, then could I have delay & reverb trails?

Graeme

1. No, I don't think it would work .
    2. Yes, 100%, assuming you're not using the QMX to 2 amps. Even then, you could use the TL as the splitter.

Re 1, why not put the H9 in the loop of the TL?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• JustMeJustMe Frets: 16
    edited February 2019
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2019
    Cant work out how to post the photo, not the link.
    Can anyone advise me ?

• GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    JustMe said:
    Can anyone advise me ?

I can see the pix. Sometimes when you post, it does just display the url, but if you refresh the page the image appears.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4538
    This looks a mess but is quite portable. The flanger is in a feedback circuit to add random harmonic overtones.

https://i.imgur.com/xmkQmk8.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Gadget said:
    JustMe said:
    Can anyone advise me ?

I can see the pix. Sometimes when you post, it does just display the url, but if you refresh the page the image appears.
    Weirdly the pics are visible on the full site but not the mobile site. At least I know now, thank you.

• JustMe said:
    Gadget said:
    JustMe said:
    Can anyone advise me ?

Weirdly the pics are visible on the full site but not the mobile site. At least I know now, thank you.

This happens with me all the time. Must be a compatibility thing 
  • Gassage said:

Graeme

1. No, I don't think it would work .
    2. Yes, 100%, assuming you're not using the QMX to 2 amps. Even then, you could use the TL as the splitter.

Re 1, why not put the H9 in the loop of the TL?
    Re 1. I would want to use some pitch/filter/mod effects pre-gain and some post-gain, so that would rule out using the TL loop, I think.
  • Incredibly, this is my first pedalboard post ever, I think...

Very very happy with it at the moment (you know how that can change !)

This is what works well at home, and brilliantly live... straight into the Carr Mercury V.

The REAL revelation is that ThorpyFX Fat General - the treble knob has to be heard to be believed.

Also, worthy of mention the FTT Avatar - I'm not a huge chorus fan, but every setting sounds lush on it...

Alongside the excellent Duellist, I am made up at the moment...

0reaction image LOL 17reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    @Wazmeister   Very neat and tidy!

The TA does have some great sounds.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 245
    @Wazmeister what role does the thorpy do?  Do you run before or after duellist?