Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• GavHaus said:
    I herniate because I'm worth it
    Does the Pedal Train Grande come with a 1 year BUPA subscription?  I tried to lift my big board last night and it's ridiculous...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm not going to lie, it's pretty heavy. More than my fender twin type heavy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • My new small board finally complete. The Echorec will be interchange depending which delay is flavour of the month.

I do like the new pedal train 3 rails - this one is the Metro 20;

@Wazmeister, you have a ditto x2 and two boss RC 3? Are you able to sync them up?
    I ended up going down the Digitech Jamman route because you can sync them with a TRS cable (works really well) but the looprs are a bit basic (no reverse etc)
  • @Teetonetal - the looper journey has been a long one !

I recently sold my RC3 and Ditto x2, to be replaced by the EHX 22500 - which incidently was one of the noisiest, hissiest (is this a word ?) pedals ive ever encountered. So, that went back... And inhad to re-buy the others again !

The best looper ive ever used is that RC1; the 'loop indicator' lets you know exactly where you are on the loop, and it sounds great. But, NO storage so I use the RC3 for that. The Ditto offers the best reverse out there imho, so I record a reverse track and dial it in and out of the RC1 then store in the RC3 if it works...

• Infinity, mate. I've had plenty of others and there's nothing to touch it

• Cheers @Wazmeister, ;

I too had have had something of a looper quest.. and the EHX was on my list so really good to have a dodged a bullet there. 

I tried the RC30 which has too many gimmicks and the track switching needs an external footswitch to function easily live
    The two digitechs are nice because they sync, but then there are no other features... (although what I really like is that each can have a separate input and still sync, so bass / guitar etc)

The one I want is the pigtronix infinity but I just hear awful things about that companies QC, especially the switches..

RC1 looper indicator sounds like a great feature
  • JohnPerry said:
    Infinity, mate. I've had plenty of others and there's nothing to touch it

I think I sold my Infinity to you John :)
  • Wazmeister;788776" said:
    JohnPerry said:

Infinity, mate. I've had plenty of others and there's nothing to touch it

I think I sold my Infinity to you John :)
    LOL. Did you? I forgot. What possessed you? Get another. Then you really will be in a loop

• @johnperry - I can't remember why I sold it.... Maybe it was a bit complex for my simple mind !
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    My first pedal board finally starting to form life!

The PS-3 arrived today...and it's a fucking beauty.

Cables are an almighty mess but can easily be remedied. Just need to figure out where to fit an OD or whatever else I get in the near future.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • @dopesick - How is that PS3 ?

Its strange cos Id never looked at one until a few days ago, when I began searching for an unusual pedal...

• Excellent choice boys. Been banging that drum for years ;)
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11915
    The small board is done ! (for now)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Nice @RaymondLin - how are you finding the Muffuletta?
    Stop crying, start buying
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11915
    Moss said:
    Nice @RaymondLin - how are you finding the Muffuletta?
    Only got it yesterday. First impressions are...

Easy to use, basically just adjust tone and sustain.

Although I am not a fan of every muff on offer...I think I like half of them?  

It lacks the deep end of the Cloven Hoof.

p.s. it doesn't pop when I engage it :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    @dopesick - How is that PS3 ?

Its strange cos Id never looked at one until a few days ago, when I began searching for an unusual pedal...

It's going to take a long time to get to grips with it. The delays are top notch and the mode (I forget which now) where you can adjust the pitch twice is great - one fully to the left and one fully to the right produces such a majestic sound. The much fabled Mode 7 was tampered with (naturally) and straight away I just tried to keep playing some Cave In material.

This pedal also sounds AMAZING with the Obscura, especially with some high modulation. They co-exist perfectly.
  • @dopesick thats a great board!

If the pharaoh and beast aren't enough awesomness...you smashed it with the PS3 and the obscura!
  • @dopesick very jealous of the PS3.. been chasing after one for a while now... if you get bored of it, you know who to tell first right? ;)
    Cheers guys...tbh I'm very close to getting rid of the Beast - it sounds just incredible, but I *just* prefer the sound of the Pharaoh. It's also MASSIVE. If I add a CM-2 to stack with the Pharaoh then it could be the sound I'm looking for. I dunno, decisions decisions...

Yeah @teetonetal, I got it off eBay for quite frankly an amazing price, took me by surprise. In amazing condition too, nary a scratch to be found. I initially got it for Mode 7 (eek) to achieve those orgasmic Cave In sounds off of Jupiter. Got that in spades but it is capable of so much more. Works well with the Obscura as stated earlier but I'd love to try it out with other effects, a phaser in particular.