Comedy Tyres

What's Hot
If anyone has a tyre with a more ridiculous name than mine, then show me your rubber.

https://i.imgur.com/53W85BX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mQSJzVf.jpg

I know I'm risking my life every time I get in the car, but if I'm saving a fiver I'm happy with that.
9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Carlos Fandango:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6907
    Barrivee said:
    If anyone has a tyre with a more ridiculous name than mine, then show me your rubber.

https://i.imgur.com/53W85BX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mQSJzVf.jpg

I know I'm risking my life every time I get in the car, but if I'm saving a fiver I'm happy with that.
    Happy Gallop! AKA Ditch Finder.

Previously known as stevebrum
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31648
    Rule 1. Don't be a dick.
     Rule 2. Don't talk about The Darkness.
     Rule 3. Don't talk about tyres.

C'mon guys, you know this. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7795
    edited December 2017
    p90fool said:
    Rule 1. Don't be a dick.
     Rule 2. Don't talk about Guns n Lesbians

Fixed
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited December 2017
    I had a pair of Headway Horace tires on the back of a car when I bought it, and a pair of Landsails on the front. The Horace's were actually dangerous. Completely random levels of grip with the backend coming around at walking pace and the ability to spin the back wheels up in most of the low gears... In an MX-5... They're really not supposed to do that. Needless to say, I put something decent onto it sharpish.

Seriously, putting this Chinese shit on your car is an insane thing to do. You know they're just not complying to any sort of safety standard.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1312
    juansolo said:
    I had a pair of Headway Horace tires on the back of a car when I bought it, and a pair of Landsails on the front. The Horace's were actually dangerous. Completely random levels of grip with the backend coming around at walking pace and the ability to spin the back wheels up in most of the low gears... In an MX-5... They're really not supposed to do that. Needless to say, I put something decent onto it sharpish.

Seriously, putting this Chinese shit on your car is an insane thing to do. You know they're just not complying to any sort of safety standard.
    Well..... Assuming you buy from a tyre place any tyre they sell for a modern road car will have been subject to the EU safety standards of economy, road noise and wet grip, each of which will be given a rating.  Even those landsails, which are developing a "surprisingly good" reputation.

However, I agree.  Cheap tyres from any brand are a dangerous decision unless you have first hand experience of them.  Good tyres are just better and people who never drive on good tyres will love to tell you how you're wasting money, because they don't realise how much better good tyres can be.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11961
    edited December 2017
    my shit tyres were:
    Event WL905 

I wish I had read the review before paying about £300 for a set

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Event/WL905.htm

I gave them away, barely used
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I bought a cheap pair of tyres to tide me over for a couple of months. Woosung, they were. Woosung Tiddle-eye Po, as the wife called them. They were that bad, the rear of the car would wander around as if it was on ice on a dry road in summer, and that was in a straight line. Seriously bad.

Then there were the Russian ones I had on my Corsair 2000E, that were known as Dunlop Kojaks due to the distinct lack of tread.

• m_cm_c Frets: 1247
    My old van came with a mix of cheap tyres on it. Some were ok, but the one that was least worn was horrendous.
    It started of on the rear, and I thought the van was just tail end happy because it was empty. After getting a couple new Michelin, said tyre ended up on the front.

In a straight line it was OK, on a corner with even a hint of dampness and cornering force, you weren't going around the corner. I'm sure running on the rim would of yielded more cornering traction.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4942
    I've got some Pirellis on a car - I'm never sure they'll last the whole journey...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited December 2017
    Had some ditch finders on a second hand car. I didn't even make it home (after buying the car) before the tyres were acting their ditch-finding fantasy.

I would NEVER knowingly put chinese tyres on a car. My life and those of other road users deserve far better.

Anyway, what with Chibsons, is there any mileage (groan!) in calling these fake tyres "chires"?
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    fandango said:
    Had some ditch finders on a second hand car. I didn't even make it home (after buying the car) before the tyres were acting their ditch-finding fantasy.

I would NEVER knowingly put chinese tyres on a car. My life and those of other road users deserve far better.

Anyway, what with Chibsons, is there any mileage (groan!) in calling these fake tyres "chires"?
    Chunlops.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    Michoching
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    p90fool said:
    Rule 1. Don't be a dick.
     Rule 2. Don't talk about Guns n Lesbians

Fixed
    Woah woah woah... I can get behind not talking about everything else except the lesbians
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    Lets not forget the fave tyre of the classic Jap bike makers of the 70's - Golden Boys!

https://cache2.pakwheels.com/ad_pictures/959/300-17-golden-boy-korea-9593455.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • AlvinAlvin Frets: 416
    juansolo said:

I have in the past had (all on the same car)  Michelin/Goodyear/Dunlop and now Landsail   .  Of the three well known brands the Dunlops were the best .   
         However the so called comedy tyres -  Landsail are really impressive , the best tyres in the wet for me .  They seem to be wearing well so far (i did wonder if i was giving up mileage for grip but i don't believe that to be the case ).    I wouldn't hesitate to use them again .
       I have vowed never to use Michelin again , don't rate them on bikes either .

Perhaps it's like our favourite overdrive pedals , each to our own .

Sesh said:
    I've got Hancooks on my car. I only expected them to last half an hour but there actually pretty good.
    Bet they cost you an armful!
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4942
    Sesh said:
    I've got Hancooks on my car. I only expected them to last half an hour but there actually pretty good.
    More than that!
    prowla said:
    Sesh said:
    More than that!
    It's a liberty I tell you. A liberty. Bet you got them from Sid's Tyres in East Cheam