Comedy Tyres

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    sinbaadi said:
    juansolo said:
    I had a pair of Headway Horace tires on the back of a car when I bought it, and a pair of Landsails on the front. The Horace's were actually dangerous. Completely random levels of grip with the backend coming around at walking pace and the ability to spin the back wheels up in most of the low gears... In an MX-5... They're really not supposed to do that. Needless to say, I put something decent onto it sharpish.

Seriously, putting this Chinese shit on your car is an insane thing to do. You know they're just not complying to any sort of safety standard.
    Well..... Assuming you buy from a tyre place any tyre they sell for a modern road car will have been subject to the EU safety standards of economy, road noise and wet grip, each of which will be given a rating.  Even those landsails, which are developing a "surprisingly good" reputation.

However, I agree.  Cheap tyres from any brand are a dangerous decision unless you have first hand experience of them.  Good tyres are just better and people who never drive on good tyres will love to tell you how you're wasting money, because they don't realise how much better good tyres can be.
    The Chinese are caught routinely supplying a different product for testing & evaluation to those that will go to wholesalers and customers, random checks often throws up all sorts of irregularities.

It's amazing what people will skimp on, I mean they're the only things in contact with the bloody ground ffs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom