Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Amazon and others moan...

What's Hot
Any others finding a rising trait of ordering a new item Amazon, ebay etc and getting the item sent via courier but with no outer packaging or bag; so that the dispatch labels and fastening/security tapes are adhered directly to the retail packaging?

This is particularly annoying when it is as a gift, let alone when left nudged up behind a plant pot at the front door in this weather!
<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12415
    I haven't noticed but am waiting for 2 packages so will check.  My really big p1sser with Amazon is I pay for prime to get "free next day delivery"  everything takes 2 days, thats not next fricking day is it.  I know 1st world problems and all that but that isn't what I was promised.

Ba5tards....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    Prime Guy turns up at my door with my package and then asks whereabouts a load of other addresses nearby. That's Ok, happy to help, but almost immediately is back knocking on the door for me to take in three parcels for these addresses that aren't even next door to me! Fucking piss take or what??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • Not me, but heard somebody on the radio this morning. A woman home on maternity, whose husband's Xmas present arrived in retail packaging with a label on, during the 10 minutes in the day she was in the shower.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckee said:
    I haven't noticed but am waiting for 2 packages so will check.  My really big p1sser with Amazon is I pay for prime to get "free next day delivery"  everything takes 2 days, thats not next fricking day is it.  I know 1st world problems and all that but that isn't what I was promised.

Ba5tards....
    Genuinely not my finding as I order loads from Amazon...

Very rarely has it not been next day on Prime, or often same day is available. I guess it depends upon location ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12411
    munckee said:

Ba5tards....
    Is that just at the moment? I can understand it’s busy due to Xmas but if it’s happening all the time then you should put in a complaint. Amazon are usually very good with Prime customers and will give you a month’s credit if they don’t fulfill the next day delivery. 
  • I've only ordered two things this year and the second was during a Prime Trial. Ordered Sunday night, scheduled for delivery on Wednesday and got an email while we were out yesterday (Tue) saying it was out for delivery. It came in an Amazon box (back OT) but I cancelled the trial.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3430
    edited December 2017
    I've noticed a few things slipping to 2 day, and bigger items having the 'dispatch in Amazon packaging' option. 

The option to get digital credit for slower shipping has gone too and now it's Amazon pantry only, which is a shame.
  • Despite having a preferred neighbour to leave parcels with if I’m out, I’ve had three seperate deliveries left on my doorstep in the last fortnight by Amazon.

Annoying....
  • My Amazon stuff always comes in a brown Amazon box. 
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    munckee said:
    ....  My really big p1sser with Amazon is I pay for prime to get "free next day delivery"  everything takes 2 days, thats not next fricking day is it.  ...
    You need to read the small print about what they mean by  “next day delivery” - they mean you expect it on one day, and it always arrives on the next.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I had a next day delivered in 2 days, paid extra as well.

As for taking in parcels for neighbours, it's a bit of a faff and there's 1 neighbour I refuse to take parcels for because he's an arsehole

boogieman said:
    munckee said:

Ba5tards....
    Is that just at the moment? I can understand it’s busy due to Xmas but if it’s happening all the time then you should put in a complaint. Amazon are usually very good with Prime customers and will give you a month’s credit if they don’t fulfill the next day delivery. 
    Its all the time.  I kept prime because of delivery charges, music and video, its a good deal.  I have had a months credit three times after mentioning, I sent them a list of 50+ orders I had made where 3 were actually delivered next day.  A lot of times it isn't an issue but sometimes it is.

My bugbear is they will never offer reasons or what else they could do, I don't want the credit, I want what I was promised.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    Ive  been lucky i suppose. Never had prime but my deliveries are really quick. Usually 2 days and always in an Amazon box. I did however order a long handled hand fork for the garden and it arrived in a box big enough for a washing machine. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11466

There is an option to tick to say it is a gift.  If you do that they should box it up to hide the contents.

If it's not a gift it does make sense to reduce the amount of packaging as much as possible.

• Amazon only deliver parcels like that to people they dont like.

Whenever I order from amazon, my parcel is delivered by a 6ft tall blonde amazonian warrior on horseback, and always within 12 hours of me ordering it. She has travelled all the way from the amazon warehouse with only my parcel and no-one elses. It's impossible to carry more than one parcel on horseback. If I don't answer the door, she will patiently wait outside brushing her horse for hours if needbe. When I do answer the door, she unravels the box from a mass of cotton wool. I dont have to sign for it, I just have to kiss her on the cheek. Then she rides off into the sunset.

The amazon box is always made from steel, and inside it my amazon item has always been packed in about 4 inches deep of cotton wool and the worlds finest smelling rose petals.

and I'm not even on amazon prime.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1247

and I'm not even on amazon prime.
    Yeah, but you're obviously on something else (and if not, you should be!)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Do what I do: don't buy from Amazon.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    Do what I do: don't buy from Amazon.
    There are other retailers left?
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12411
    munckee said:
    boogieman said:
    munckee said:

Ba5tards....
    Its all the time.  I kept prime because of delivery charges, music and video, its a good deal.  I have had a months credit three times after mentioning, I sent them a list of 50+ orders I had made where 3 were actually delivered next day.  A lot of times it isn't an issue but sometimes it is.

My bugbear is they will never offer reasons or what else they could do, I don't want the credit, I want what I was promised.
    That must be a pisser. We’ve got Prime too and 90% of the time they deliver as promised. Things always get worse around Xmas, but you expect that with the millions of deliveries they have to make and I take it on the chin. Their temporary delivery drivers are usually cack, we’ve had stuff left just leaning against the front door this week. Last year we had deliveries lobbed over a six foot high gate straight onto a brick patio. 
  • I've had two kitchen items delivered in their retail box, but I think this is due to it being from the Manc warehouse and coming with an Amazon courier directly.

Everything else has been in huge cardboard boxes, apart from one record which was apparently a 'glitch' as it should have been in a record container package.