Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Just wondering, has anyone actually bought a new Chapman guitar from the new range?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• NickNick Frets: 98
    After this thread I mostly want to try out a Chapman or two and make my own mind up.

Ultimately there is no good or bad with guitars, unless they are REALLY bad, it is just what feels good and helps you to play better?
    That's exactly it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    After this thread I mostly want to try out a Chapman or two and make my own mind up.

Ultimately there is no good or bad with guitars, unless they are REALLY bad, it is just what feels good and helps you to play better?
    Well I agree in terms of playability but how guitars look is a whole different kettle of fish and I suppose what this thread is about...
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    duotone said:
    Just realised he has posted a new video on the Rob Scallon model.

https://youtu.be/CvXnMk1WxVw

Is that Billy Corgan?!

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Haha, the "Passive Agressive" pickups are the same G&B pickups that come stock in my cheap-ass Vietnamese LTDs. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    mbe said:
    Haha, the "Passive Agressive" pickups are the same G&B pickups that come stock in my cheap-ass Vietnamese LTDs. 
    Really? How do you know?

Is that not a legal case if they're lying about the pickups?
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    edited December 2017
    duotone said:
    adamm82 said:
    Perhaps I am a overly sceptical. But I do find it a bit suspicious that most of the main youtube guitar personalities seem to have a Chapman in their collection.

I'd love to see some impartial reviews on these guitars.
    Phillip McKnight. https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCEzJtFWNg7d7TZW7K9JyXmw

said that in the future would buy one & do an independent review about one from the range, am not sure what model.  Will keep you posted if he gets around to it.

I can’t remember who asked, but the pickups are G&B Pickups. Check around the 9.30minute mark in the video in my next post.
    I put on my conspiracy hat on when I saw this the other night :-) 
    I thought that's odd a sharpen my axe competition and the first entry is a pretty brand new looking Chapman guitar.

I like McKnight I think he is an honest guy. But I am suspicious of the sender.

The whole thing is a giant conspiracy. Even this 'Mary Spender' they picked that name so in your mind you will go out and spend. 

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    mbe said:
    G&B make pickups to lots of different specs for many far eastern manufacturers - PRS SE, LTDs (Korean & others), Line6 JTV... some of them are VERY good for machine wound, far eastern jobs. They are all wound/spec'd differently though - a set of JTV59 pickups have different magnets, wire and winding to a JTV89 for example. So whilst your "cheap-ass Vietnamese LTD" may be fitted with G&B pickups, they may not be "the same" as those fitted to the Chapman guitar.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    The G&B on my PRS SE are great, I spent a bit of time going back and forth between them and SD and preferred the stock by a tiny bit.

If he just means they're the same brand as his cheap esp then that's meaningless.

Fender make those horrible ceramic pickups on the bottom end Squier as well as custom shop pickups that are great. A brand means nothing.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    I think they should draw inspiration from the 2015 Gibsons and their holograms of Les Paul.
    Who wouldn't want a guitar with a hologram of Chappers smiling back at you from the headstock?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
    adamm82 said:

The whole thing is a giant conspiracy. Even this 'Mary Spender' they picked that name so in your mind you will go out and spend. 

That's not what she makes me do...

;)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    adamm82 said:

;)
    Bet you’re still spent afterwards though!
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
    skunkwerx said:
    adamm82 said:

;)
    Bet you’re still spent afterwards though!
    What can I say, chicks with guitars...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494

What can I say, chicks with guitars...

One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.