Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Can you still whistle?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    edited December 2017
    I can whistle 'normally' and in tune.

I can't do the really loud fingers whistle that @Sesh describes, though.  I would love to be able to do that....I've tried so many times but it just doesn't happen. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    Yes, but I find whistling completely moronic and vaguely offensive. Why do people think they can walk around making shrill noise? I don't want to hear it, and neither (probably) does anyone else, no matter how chirpy you are feeling.
  • i enjoy a good whistle of a Sunday mainly....doesnt seem right to let rip during a working week, almost too flippant an attitude.

personally speaking i find it overwhelmingly cheery, and not in a good way. The world is going to hell in a handcart and some folks stroll around without a care in the world.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24364
    I like a good, tuneful whistle, but I HATE the old men (for it is always them) that put so much vibrato on it that the actual song becomes unidentifiable.  I hear them in supermarkets.  They must be stopped.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    More importantly, can you make that farty noise by cupping your hand under your armpit and pumping your arm?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Philtre said:
    More importantly, can you make that farty noise by cupping your hand under your armpit and pumping your arm?
    We had a school orchestra of individuals who could do this. Won the regional championships with a version of the dawn chorus. Came a cropper when head-to-head with a school from Barnsley. Can't remember what happened next.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12376
    My 10 yr old daught whistles around the house constantly, its very shrill. I sometimes want to tell her to shut the eff up but don't have the heart as she really enjoys it. I'd rather she took up the violin, no shit.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Yeah, always been good at whistling. It always amazes me that I can think of a song then whistle the tune without putting the slightest bit of thought into the process, it's almost like magic. Wish I could do that on guitar and piano.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    Philtre said:
    Oh aye, can i? Love a bit of armpit farting. More, I can do the slow controlled armpit fart, years of practice to do that Padwan.
  • My 10 yr old daught whistles around the house constantly, its very shrill. I sometimes want to tell her to shut the eff up but don't have the heart as she really enjoys it. I'd rather she took up the violin, no shit.
    I remember in school I sat beside this guy in English and he would whistle tunelessly when getting out his books and it used to drive me absolutely up the walls.